Garage Door scene: IOLinc, Keypad

Bug994

Another garage door thread...  I saw this note from a 2015 thread.  I got the alternative magnetic sensor and wired it for Normally Open.  Everything works for me except the LED lighting up.  I did notice that there is no option for "relay response to sensor" - maybe it got renamed to "relay follows input?"  

Do I need to actually add the Sensor to the scene as well?

Keypad button set to On-only

I/O Linc set to Momentary B, relay responds to sensor is checked

Scene has Keypad button as a controller, relay as a responder

Result:

Button controls the garage door

Button is lit when the garage door is open

What LED is failing to light up?  The one on the IOLinc?  The one on the keypad button?  Another?

did you create two scenes?  One would have the sensor as controller and button as responder.  The second scene would have button as controller and relay as responder.

Thanks for the responses.  The LED that I'm concerned about is the one on the keypad.  What you're saying makes sense - I'll try the second scene as you describe.  I was kind of confused about this "relay follows input" option - I'll have to do some research on that to see what it actually does...

Unfortunately adding the second scene didn't work...  Just to toss out the other settings:

I have the button on the keypad set to "non-toggle [On]" and relay is set to "Momentary B" and just "LED on TX" and "Relay follows input" as the two checkboxes.

I'm on 5.0.16c - I'm ready to upgrade, but I have to swap out the Z-wave module in the process (I have it, just not looking forward to the work and troubleshooting that side of things).

8 minutes ago, Bug994 said:

Unfortunately adding the second scene didn't work...  Just to toss out the other settings:

Well, lets start breaking this down into smaller pieces.  Does the keypad button turn on/off when the door is open/closed?  (close it via wired button or car remote for testing purposes.)  If not, either the sensor is not changing state, the scene between sensor and relay is not set up correctly, or there is a comm problem.  Does the LED light on the IOLinc turn on/off when the door is open/closed?  Does the ISY recognize the change in state of the IOLinc sensor (the admin panel should show true state)?  Double check the scene definition (sensor is CONTROLLER, button is responder, correct?)  Start looking for clues.

I assume that the "relay follows input" setting would cause the relay to close when the sensor is activated, and vice-versa.  I do not think you want that option checked.  you should want relay and sensor to operate independently.

Thanks for the tips so far.  It appears that the sensor is flat out not working - I thought I had it tested, but those wires that go to the ioLinc are easily jostled and could have come loose when I rearranged things.  I'll get the stepladder out and do some testing on it...

Archived