Disassociate Tags and Its Impact in the ISY

LarryCRetired

Hope someone has done this before.  I have 10 Tags, which during the winter the information is needed for some issues I have with freezing in various locations. 

I don't need that information now that the weather is warmer.  Five of the tags are still needed to provide information on a 15 minute basis. 

If I disassociate 5 of the tags from the web interface, will Polyglot on the Pi still assume there are 10 Tags and continue to bring data down from the website.  With a disassociation I am not sure what the web application will do.  

The reason for my question; I am hoping I don't need to delete the Tag Node Server and add it back.  If I have to do that, all of my ISY programs will be impacted.

Thanks in advance if anyone has experience doing this

43 minutes ago, LarryCRetired said:

Hope someone has done this before.  I have 10 Tags, which during the winter the information is needed for some issues I have with freezing in various locations. 

I don't need that information now that the weather is warmer.  Five of the tags are still needed to provide information on a 15 minute basis. 

If I disassociate 5 of the tags from the web interface, will Polyglot on the Pi still assume there are 10 Tags and continue to bring data down from the website.  With a disassociation I am not sure what the web application will do.  

The reason for my question; I am hoping I don't need to delete the Tag Node Server and add it back.  If I have to do that, all of my ISY programs will be impacted.

Thanks in advance if anyone has experience doing this

I just turned off a bunch of tags because I upgraded them for more battery life.   After you unpair the tags via the phone app or https://my.wirelesstag.net/eth/  then 1) first close the admin console (if it's open), then 2) on POLISY, go to Dashboard, Wireless tags, click the DETAILS button, then the Nodes Button, scroll down and find the tags you deleted and click the delete button on the far right of the line.    (note you have to click "Details" button, before the "Nodes" button--even tho you can see the "Nodes" button 1 screen sooner)

image.thumb.png.dd35dd64bfa1cf977013ce501f84b46b.png

With the node deleted, you can now re-open the admin console and it will be gone.

Another approach is just change the update interval on those 5 tags to "every 4 hours" which appears to the be the maximum and leave them paired.

---

I'll tag @Jimbo since he wrote the nodeserver to see if he has anything to add.

Thank you Mr Bill. Just what I needed. 

A follow up if you don't mind.  The reason I am disassociating the tags is to reduce the number of log entries and the associated writes to the SD card. With Polyglot bringing down the Tag values every 15 minutes I am recording about 5000 entries to the log each week.  I saw some discussion on the forum awhile back and I think the conclusion was there was no way to reduce the log entries.  Is that still correct.  

Thanks again

44 minutes ago, LarryCRetired said:

Thank you Mr Bill. Just what I needed. 

A follow up if you don't mind.  The reason I am disassociating the tags is to reduce the number of log entries and the associated writes to the SD card. With Polyglot bringing down the Tag values every 15 minutes I am recording about 5000 entries to the log each week.  I saw some discussion on the forum awhile back and I think the conclusion was there was no way to reduce the log entries.  Is that still correct.  

Thanks again

I'd just take the batteries out, they will appear "out of range", then you can disable any programs that use them.   At the start of the cold season replace the batteries and re-enable any programs you have that reference them.  Less to re-do.

12 hours ago, Jimbo said:

You mean the Nodeserver log messages? If so, just set debug mode to warning on the controller in the AC.

I read it to mean the ISY Event log... nodeservers do dramatically increase event log entries being written to the SD card.  I recently adjusted some of my nodeservers and eliminated a couple that weren't really being used for automatons.  My event log was recycling 64000 rows about every 20 hours, with my changes the log now recycles in just over 48 hours.

On the topic of micro SD cards, I think the answer is just have a replacement on hand, and don't buy cheap off brands, and look for the newer A1 rating.

Thanks Mr Bill. I bought an A1 card today to have on hand.  I also reevaluated my needs and reduced how often the Tags are brought down to the ISY in these warmer months.  Also extended the update times for many of the tags to save on battery replacements.  Since I had many Tag programs in the ISY, I disabled some of them also  

Mr. Bill  I read the Forum most every day.  Thanks for taking the time to help so many users  

Archived