Can control scene via physical button but not via UD Adminstrative console

Pras

I have a very simple scene called ALL-MASTER BEDROOM. 
In that scene, i have 2 lights added as responders.
And i have 1 keypad control button added as controller. 

If i press the keypad button, both lights come on. If i press it again, both light turns off.. Beautiful. 

The problem is if i go to Admin Console and click on that scene ON, nothing happens besides just turning on the Keypad button. None of the other ligths go on. And same behavior for OFF as well.. If i press "FAST ON" or "FAST OFF", the status shows all ON and all OFF respectively but lights dont turn on or off. What am i doing wrong. 

You need to set your scene up two ways..... With the scene open, click on the name of the scene, configure the "action" or on levels... this configuration sounds like it's the one that is currently wrong, this is what happens when the scene is actuated by a button in the admin console or from a program. 

The second place to set the scene is to click on any RED controller links below the name of the scene, set here the 'action" or on levels for when the scene is operated by the controller button.

Another method entirely, but some people don't realize this is possible.  If you always want those lights to be controlled together, you don't even need to the controller button.  Just put BOTH switches in a scene, and make them BOTH controllers.  Set both red links up and the root level scene to turn the lights on.  Now when one switch is turned on, so is the other, and vice versa.

Oh i see what the problem is ! Your post below helped a lot.  When i click on the scene name i dont see any devices on the bottom part of the scene. But when i click on red controller link, i see all the devices. I dont know what happened why all the devices disappeared. I removed and added the devices back to scene and all works. But now the problem is i have tons of these. Is there a quick way to add ? I will post screen shot of a simple scene on what might be the problem. 

Scene: Time to Cookimage.png.bb8367ecdee8c8d28c26c9867a055981.png

When i click on the scene name, notice the bottom part is empty!

image.png.443c9ae77f462d4331e0fdc53f14ec3d.png

Now if i click on the red controller link on the left hand navigation bar, it shows all the devices:
image.png.961fa9f9df706af7228468df841cfbb9.png

What could be going on? Without doing 100 scenes and removing 100s of items off and back on, is there a quick way? 

1 hour ago, MrBill said:

You need to set your scene up two ways..... With the scene open, click on the name of the scene, configure the "action" or on levels... this configuration sounds like it's the one that is currently wrong, this is what happens when the scene is actuated by a button in the admin console or from a program. 

The second place to set the scene is to click on any RED controller links below the name of the scene, set here the 'action" or on levels for when the scene is operated by the controller button.

Another method entirely, but some people don't realize this is possible.  If you always want those lights to be controlled together, you don't even need to the controller button.  Just put BOTH switches in a scene, and make them BOTH controllers.  Set both red links up and the root level scene to turn the lights on.  Now when one switch is turned on, so is the other, and vice versa.

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

I agree that this is strange and, likely, not as it should be (based upon memory of 4.x).  There are only four devcies in the scene.  If restoring the scene does not work, it would not be that time-consuming to delete the scene and re-create it.

8 hours ago, Pras said:

how do i restore a scene? when i right click on a scene there is no way to restore

I forget the menu structure in 4.x, but I thought is was similar in function to 5.x.  You may have to right-click on the individual devices within the scene and restore each from there.  

Archived