Very simple program:

GateRelayOff - [ID 003C][Parent 003B]
If
        'Outdoors / zwGateSwitch / zwGateSwitchRelay' is switched On
 Then
        Wait  1 second
        Set 'Outdoors / zwGateSwitch / zwGateSwitchRelay' Off
 Else
   - No Actions - (To add one, press 'Action')

zwGateSwitchRelay is a simple Zwave on/off switch.  It controls a gate so I just need a momentary on/off.  It works perfectly and responds fine if I just turn it off then off.  I (think) I've done exactly this in the past but for some reason this program does not work.  Does not respond in any way when I switch the relay on (either in the ISY UI, of via Home Assistant, which accesses ISY).

What could I be missing?  Beating my head on this dumb thing.

Can you watch the admin console or check the status tab to see if it's running?  My guess is 1 second is too fast for zwave, or "control" isn't working with the device.  You might try switching the logic to "if Status devicename is not off" and use the same then statement. 

Switching to Status is now working!   I'm 100% sure I tried this yesterday - even tried using both possibilities with an OR.

Its working now, even with the 1 sec. wait.  Although I do see that it takes 3 or 4 seconds for the program to complete running.

Could be a signaling issue.  Could to look into that.

Thanks for your help!

24 minutes ago, ctownj30 said:

Switching to Status is now working!   I'm 100% sure I tried this yesterday - even tried using both possibilities with an OR.

Its working now, even with the 1 sec. wait.  Although I do see that it takes 3 or 4 seconds for the program to complete running.

Could be a signaling issue.  Could to look into that.

Thanks for your help!

I don't know a lot about z-wave but with Insteon I find that "Status is NOT off" works better for ON than "Status is ON", so that may be it if you followed my example of using IS NOT OFF.

You might try dropping the wait and see if it works faster and correctly.

Archived