Wifi-enabled 'Smart Plugs' with a local REST API

MWareman

@Idan  I ordered a Shelly plug (US) in December and it hasn't arrived yet --though I did receive a Pro 1 -- so it's plausible the problem with your delayed replacement is lack of stock rather than poor organization.  It's true that communication is not their strong suit -- I received a partial order and had to inquire by email to be sure that other items were still to come  ---but they did respond by email after a couple of days.     Their management actively participates in the Facebook Shelly English Support group -- Not as organized as UDI forums but a good place to get the pulse.   The eu official support forum seems to have has less corporate response but seems to be more organized.     Google translate is useful if you don't understand German... 

Shelly Plug US was discontinued in August 2021 due to some significant manufacturing issues we had with a prior partner factory. 

We completely redesigned the plug. enhanced safety features, 30% stronger Wi-Fi radios (two instead of one), Bluetooth, improved accuracy for power measurement, as well as upgrading the MCU, doubling the flash, and giving it all of the "Plus" product features.

It is now equivalent to Shelly Plus 1PM but in a plug form factor. Some of the more interesting features are support for TLS 1.2, a built-in microJS editor, and RPC based APIs (which are also added to the scripting editor).

We've had a lot of supply chain issues and had to make a final hardware redesign for our NRTL certification (Intertek), but the product should be in stock within 6 to 8 weeks. All back orders should be filled promptly at that time.

Regarding social media and forums - there is a great deal of participation by management on Facebook, however, that is a community support group. The forum support is connected to our tech support department, but provided by one of our distributors. For actual technical help form Allterco, please go to http://shelly.cloud/support

Have a great week!

That's just the start. In the next 4 to 6 months, we're releasing features in all Plus and Pro products that you won't believe. Example, the ability to do mesh Wi-Fi nodes of Shelly products... you can already use the built in scripting to automatically provision the devices, pull data from Shelly sensors and e ergy meters, and more. We're very unhappy about the delays, but we're going to make sure everyone loves what they've waited for.

32 minutes ago, stillwater said:

FYI for Forum readers.... Google says Doug Roberson is the CTO of Allterco Robotics US, which I take to be the US arm of the manufacturer of the Shelly automation products.  

I can confirm this as I do speak with Doug semi-regularly and I did ping him after I saw a post on here about issues with support and delays.

Doug is a good guy and just getting his feet wet here in the forum so play nice guys!

Archived