Upgrade to which firmware, Advice Needed

EricK

Hi,

I Am on 4.8 for UI and firmware.  I use insteon devices only, have portal but its deactivated.

Which firmware should I upgrade to.  The 5.3.0 release notes state that you must be on 5.0.9 or greater.  I have updated Java and backed up ISY.  Also what is the default Username and Password, admin for both?

Thank you,

Eric

25 minutes ago, EricK said:

Hi,

I Am on 4.8 for UI and firmware.  I use insteon devices only, have portal but its deactivated.

Which firmware should I upgrade to.  The 5.3.0 release notes state that you must be on 5.0.9 or greater.  I have updated Java and backed up ISY.  Also what is the default Username and Password, admin for both?

Thank you,

Eric

Install 5.3.3, although it's labeled Test Build it has been out since March 8th at this point and is stable with no known issues.   admin/admin for the default user name and password. 

If you're on Windows, Install The Launcher for the admin console, then you'll always have the correct version.

Do any of your programs use "Adjust scene", those will require manual intervention.

One more thing... Open Notepad, Click the top of your program tree My Programs, then right click it, then select Copy Folder to Clipboard.  Click in the empty notepad window and Ctrl-V (paste) then Save As and give it what ever name you like.  Now you have a text based copy of your programs for reference.

After updating if any of your programs need updating they will be marked in YELLOW on the Programs > Summary tab, and they most likely will include "Adjust Scene" entries that couldn't migrate.

4 minutes ago, EricK said:

Are default username and password admin/admin

Yes....

11 minutes ago, MrBill said:

Install 5.3.3, although it's labeled Test Build it has been out since March 8th at this point and is stable with no known issues.   admin/admin for the default user name and password. 

• Like 1

Thank you, upgrade complete.  This started with my water pump notification and that is now working.  I have a 12v relay that gets power when the pump turns on The relay triggers the sensor of an io linc which then sends notification that the pump is on. I appreciate your help!

• Like 1