Motion Sensors Always On

fastbird1

I dont know if it is my bad luck or what, but 3 of 6 motion sensors over the past week seem to have stuck turned on - the current state is always on. Now I finally deleted, did a reset of one device, and re-added it (what a pain). Any ideas why these - after working perfect for a month would start doing this. Jumpers are not set for always on.

This happened to me today. I had a MD suddenly stop communicating after the thing has been functioning OK for a month or so. I removed the device and re-linked it. This re-established the communication link and it reports correctly now.

Check the Event Viewer (level 3) and does your MD send out a DON when you wave motion in front of it? Mine registered nothing, but event activity showed up after I re-linked the device.

My MD may have lost communication after I performed extensive troubleshooting and restoration on my system to fix other linking/communication issues. So if you did something to your system, like a restore or reset, that could have changed the communication link to your MD.

Archived