Controlling Levolor Blinds via ISY

Legodeveloper

I thought I would share this in case someone else is looking for a way to have the ISY control Levolor blinds. The designer side of our relationship wanted Levolor blinds because they are “better”. The techie side of our relationship thought they weren’t because they exclusively use their own Premium 6-channel Remote for control. They have an App but that relies on the remote.

I found a device called a Wevolor for controlling Levolor window shades and blinds through WiFi. It runs on a ESP32 using the same method as the app to control the blinds via a Bluetooth connection to the remote. You can buy a device ready to go or there are instructions to build one. I purchased two as you need one for each remote. On a side note, the range surprised me, I was able to avoid having another visible device in the Living Room.

They are designed to work with IFTT but I found it was easy to create Network Resources to control the blinds from ISY on my local network. The only issue I had was setting the time-out value high enough for the commands. Use the Status command to verify the connection to the remote. The default time-out  value works for this command. 

You just create an HTTP Get to the IP address of the Wevolor on port 80. Here are some sample paths.
/_status
/_command?action=tiltopen&groups=1
/_command?action=tiltclose&groups=1
/_command?action=open&groups=1
/_command?action=close&groups=1
/_command?action=stop&groups=1
/_command?action=close&groups=15  
(the group= value is the 1 to 6 button(s) in binary so 15 is for Groups 1,2,3 and 4)

A big shout out to Roger Hoggarth at wevolor.com who solved this problem for me.

• 6 months later...

Archived