Orphaned PG3 Node Server

DaveStLou

I attempted to remove all my several test node servers from PG3 connected to ISY on Polisy. In doing so I discovered there is one node server that I'm unable to remove.

It's listed as "Unmanaged" on the Dashboard (see below) even though there are no Node Servers showing in the drop down menu in ISY on Polisy. I SSH'd and looked around and do not see any folders listed for my ISY on Polisy. I tried restarting both ISY and PG3 and even rebooting Polisy but it's hanging on.

How do I fix this? Is there a way to clean it out of the database?

image.png.d52b0f53884fd2a7185fc6226d8a5d54.png

Unmanaged means that there is an entry in the database, for the node server slot, but whatever is in that node server slot is not being controlled by this instance of Polyglot.

The way something gets in the database is when Polyglot queries the ISY for what node servers are installed, it compares what's on that list with what it knows about.  If there are entries on the list that it does not know about, they are added to the database and marked as unmanaged.

Polyglot (PG3), will query the ISY every 5 minutes for the list of node servers.  If there's an entry in the database that doesn't match an entry that the ISY reports, it will be removed from the database.  So if this isn't going away, that means the ISY is reporting that there is something installed (in this case) in slot 10.

Check the ISY node server menu -> configure and look at slot 10, if it doesn't say (empty) next to it, then there's something installed there.  Select that slot and then click Delete.   Within 5 minutes after doing that, PG3 should notice that it's gone.

The ISY shows the slot empty and it hasn't dissappeared.

I did find this in the log:

12/7/2021, 17:33:36 [pg3] debug: ISY Response: [Try: 1] [00:0d:b9:52:bf:24] :: [200] :: 5.979086ms - http://127.0.0.1:8080/rest/profiles/ns/0/connection
12/7/2021, 17:33:36 [pg3] error: verifyNodeServers (00:0d:b9:52:bf:24) :: Invalid response from ISY, skipping

I checked the user name and password and all looked good there.  Since there was nothing else there I deleted the ISY in PG3 and re-enterred it. The nodeserver is gone.

Archived