Swapping/Cloning ISYs: How to Migrate Configuration for Alexa?

waffles

2 hours ago, waffles said:

Found it!. Thanks, @asbril

Can you confirm that after the migration Alexa continues to recognize your former configuration or was a purge and 'find new devices' necessary?

I believe that it went automatic, though I may have asked Alexa (or was it Google Home, as I have both) to synch or discover devices.

So I am trying to migrate the Alexa settings from the old ISY to the new one. Why do I get this error message:

image.png.030ab968870840e2c38004b6c0a6e4a6.png

I saw the note in @bmercier link to the wiki-prerequisites

There is nothing else to approve in the Admin Console of the new ISY:

image.png.d8d0e0bcff5634c9244079b162148a23.png

2. Question/Observation: does the configuration on the ISY, that gets migrated from, get wiped out as part of the process? When I used the migration tool to migrate Alexa settings from the new to the old ISY, the settings seem to have gotten transferred fine, but the Alexa page on the new ISY is now blank. If this is by design, I'd rather see the existing one to be kept. There is a delete all button that allows an easy purge if needed later on.

32 minutes ago, waffles said:

So I am trying to migrate the Alexa settings from the old ISY to the new one. Why do I get this error message:

image.png.030ab968870840e2c38004b6c0a6e4a6.png

I saw the note in @bmercier link to the wiki-prerequisites

There is nothing else to approve in the Admin Console of the new ISY:

image.png.d8d0e0bcff5634c9244079b162148a23.png

2. Question/Observation: does the configuration on the ISY, that gets migrated from, get wiped out as part of the process? When I used the migration tool to migrate Alexa settings from the new to the old ISY, the settings seem to have gotten transferred fine, but the Alexa page on the new ISY is now blank. If this is by design, I'd rather see the existing one to be kept. There is a delete all button that allows an easy purge if needed later on.

1. I found and fixed a bug. Please try again.

2. Yes the configuration is moved from one ISY to the other. They disappear from the source ISY and yes this is by design. Using this approach allows to retain the unique ID and keep the devices as is in Alexa, without impacts to Alexa groups or routines.

Benoit

Archived