Jump to content

Autelis Pool Control with ISY on Polisy


carealtor

Recommended Posts

I moved ISY from 994 to Polisy today.  I have had Network Resources talking to my Autelis for years to control my pool lights, so I'm not trying to set up something new.  I thought I was just going to go into the Autelis Settings (on the Autelis) and change the ISY IP address to the Polisy IP address and be done.  But no joy.  Along with a place to enter the ISY IP, there is a place to enter ISY Port.  I've tried ports 80, 8080, and 8443.  You can tell I have no idea what I'm doing when it comes to ports.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, carealtor said:

I moved ISY from 994 to Polisy today.  I have had Network Resources talking to my Autelis for years to control my pool lights, so I'm not trying to set up something new.  I thought I was just going to go into the Autelis Settings (on the Autelis) and change the ISY IP address to the Polisy IP address and be done.  But no joy.  Along with a place to enter the ISY IP, there is a place to enter ISY Port.  I've tried ports 80, 8080, and 8443.  You can tell I have no idea what I'm doing when it comes to ports.

You want 8080... same as the admin console with http mode.  I don't think the Autelis Control has whats needed to use 8443 with https.

I'm not actually moving my ISY to polisy until February because we are going to be out of town for a large chunk of January, so I can't confirm for you whether it works correctly or not, but it should.

can you open the admin console with the http (8080) row in finder that looks like this?

image.png.da073ae9dd727933f6a530f8680869bc.png

if so you should put the same IP address and 8080 in the autelis interface.  Save it and restart autelis and then make sure that information is what's set after autelis reboots.

(FWIW.... finder didn't find Polisy at 8080... i had to add that row manually, but after I did I could open the admin console using it)

If you can't get it working, reply again and I'll try moving my autelis over to my test installation to see if there's any hitches.. I would have already tried while writing this, except my pool is winterized right now so I need to venture out to the pool equipment to turn off some individual breakers then turn the sub-panel back on.

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, MrBill said:

You want 8080... same as the admin console with http mode.  I don't think the Autelis Control has whats needed to use 8443 with https.

I'm not actually moving my ISY to polisy until February because we are going to be out of town for a large chunk of January, so I can't confirm for you whether it works correctly or not, but it should.

can you open the admin console with the http (8080) row in finder that looks like this?

image.png.da073ae9dd727933f6a530f8680869bc.png

if so you should put the same IP address and 8080 in the autelis interface.  Save it and restart autelis and then make sure that information is what's set after autelis reboots.

(FWIW.... finder didn't find Polisy at 8080... i had to add that row manually, but after I did I could open the admin console using it)

If you can't get it working, reply again and I'll try moving my autelis over to my test installation to see if there's any hitches.. I would have already tried while writing this, except my pool is winterized right now so I need to venture out to the pool equipment to turn off some individual breakers then turn the sub-panel back on.

I've been testing things by going back and forth between ISY on 994 and ISY on Polisy and changing the IP and port in Autelis as appropriate too.  It still works with ISY on 994, so that's something good.  

When I run the Network Resource on ISY on 994 using the Test button, I get a response of H and it works (pool light turns on).  When I do the same on ISY on Polisy I get a response of N/A and it does not work.

image.png.6976b220ad59b12ebe277b056e336696.png

image.thumb.png.9ceaf28cfc5e28d478e84abc0ca1c1b2.png

I've done countless reboots of everything to no avail.  

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

@carealtor

The first screenshot handles information transfer in the direction Autelis -> ISY... that is the state variables that are updated.

The NR is the information flowing in the opposite direction ISY -> Autelis.  that is sending the command to turn on the lights.

My first inclination would be to try changing the hostname on the NR to the IP address of the Autelis.  Perhaps Polisy isn't keeping track of hostnames the way a 994 can.  (on my network it never works anyway, so I always need the IP address).

image.thumb.png.feda03d58c46a2f1bd7939089b94a46d.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, MrBill said:

@carealtor

The first screenshot handles information transfer in the direction Autelis -> ISY... that is the state variables that are updated.

The NR is the information flowing in the opposite direction ISY -> Autelis.  that is sending the command to turn on the lights.

My first inclination would be to try changing the hostname on the NR to the IP address of the Autelis.  Perhaps Polisy isn't keeping track of hostnames the way a 994 can.  (on my network it never works anyway, so I always need the IP address).

image.thumb.png.feda03d58c46a2f1bd7939089b94a46d.png

YES!  That solved it.  Also, thanks for the explanations in the first 2 paragraphs.  I have to admit I wasn't really grasping how this worked.  I now see that IP and port for ISY on Autelis were never actually a problem.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, carealtor said:

YES!  That solved it.  Also, thanks for the explanations in the first 2 paragraphs.  I have to admit I wasn't really grasping how this worked.  I now see that IP and port for ISY on Autelis were never actually a problem.

I'm glad you elaborated on the problem... otherwise we might not have gotten it solved.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 4 months later...

@MrBill

I switched to Polisy recently. My setup utilized IP addresses in the ISY admin console. I was still not able to send messages to my Autelis. I updated the IP address in Autelis local webpage along with username and password for my ISY. I rebooted all and still unable to control the Autelis.
 

The step that fixed it was opening each network resource in the ISY admin console and saving it again without changing anything. Once I did that for all the network resources related to the Autelis, I was able to fully control Aurelia from ISY. Why that step?  No idea. But it worked!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, TJMax2 said:

@MrBill

I switched to Polisy recently. My setup utilized IP addresses in the ISY admin console. I was still not able to send messages to my Autelis. I updated the IP address in Autelis local webpage along with username and password for my ISY. I rebooted all and still unable to control the Autelis.
 

The step that fixed it was opening each network resource in the ISY admin console and saving it again without changing anything. Once I did that for all the network resources related to the Autelis, I was able to fully control Aurelia from ISY. Why that step?  No idea. But it worked!

not certain.  If you imported a 994 backup and restored it on polisy, it's very possible that the restore routine has a minor bug that gets fixed by opening and resaving NR's

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.


×
×
  • Create New...