KeypadLinc Question

mvprj84

Here's what I want to do... I have a keypadlinc where there's one button that opens the garage door, and I'd like to have the respective light on the keypadlinc light up if the garage door is open (even if it was open by some other method, which i'm trying to do by checking the iolinc sensor).

My problem is that I can't even set any of my keypadlinc buttons to "on" through a program. If I try to set a keypadlinc button to "on" in a program it doesn't seem to register it. The weird thing is that I can throw the keypadlinc button in a scene, and toggle that scene on/off without any problems. When trying to interact directly with the button, however, it doesn't work.

Oh, and I upgraded to 2.7.8... but I can't see where I can adjust the led lighting of the keypadlinc using a program. It said it's possible in the changelog, but my programs only give me on/off/query options in the dropdown when creating a program.

Happy New Year! 10 seconds till the ball drops for me.

-Ryan

My problem is that I can't even set any of my keypadlinc buttons to "on" through a program. If I try to set a keypadlinc button to "on" in a program it doesn't seem to register it. The weird thing is that I can throw the keypadlinc button in a scene, and toggle that scene on/off without any problems. When trying to interact directly with the button, however, it doesn't work.

This is normal. You cannot control KPL secondary buttons directly - they must be controlled as members of scenes.

Archived