Delayed text notifications

walkman9999

Hello - 

Existing installation with no recent configuration changes.

Lately I've been getting text notifications with the expected/proper timestamp in the message body (created with the ${sys.time12} variable), but a text message time of many hours later. I would assume carrier problem (Verizon), but other texts - including tests from ISY - don't have this problem.

Is there a way to enable logging on ISY to show when the message is sent to the SMTP server? Trying to determine where the delay is.

Thanks for any advice.

:Mike

Hello - 
Existing installation with no recent configuration changes.
Lately I've been getting text notifications with the expected/proper timestamp in the message body (created with the ${sys.time12} variable), but a text message time of many hours later. I would assume carrier problem (Verizon), but other texts - including tests from ISY - don't have this problem.
Is there a way to enable logging on ISY to show when the message is sent to the SMTP server? Trying to determine where the delay is.

Thanks for any advice.

:Mike

It’s Verizon. They changed their service level agreement for using @vext.com. Search for it on Google.

@walkman9999

to add a detail... ${sys.time12} contains the time the ISY sent the message.

email to text on all the carriers is terrible.

If you'd like a faster more reliable method investigate using pushover.net

There are multiple methods.  Network Resources alone can be used.  There is also a nodeserver called Notification that has many robust features if you have a local polyglot instance, or if you have portal there is a different nodeserver without as many features called Push that also uses pushover.net infrastructure.

19 hours ago, MWoods329 said:

Haven’t used it on Android, but looking over Android Auto there’s no reason I can see that it wouldn’t work.

Looks like Prowl is only on iPhone and thus will definitely not work with Android Auto.  Sure would be nice to get notifications on Android Auto from the ISY without using a slow text message.

Archived