Hue Effects Candle & Fireplace

Lore

The newer Hue bulbs support Candle and Fireplace effects that can be triggered manually by the current Hue phone app but are not yet supported that I can find by the current Polisy Hue node.  I'd also really like a way to disable Sync mode, which can also be done manually by the Hue app.

8 hours ago, KFreeman said:

The newer Hue bulbs support Candle and Fireplace effects that can be triggered manually by the current Hue phone app but are not yet supported that I can find by the current Polisy Hue node.  I'd also really like a way to disable Sync mode, which can also be done manually by the Hue app.

All of that is part of the new hue API which is not complete yet. Most likely the dev (or someone) else will develop a new nodeserver under polyglot V3 which could potentially support those features vs the current polyglot V2

I got it working in a buggy sort of way.  I created a fireplace scene for a group, then could set the group to the scene with the HUE Node, but I had to query the Hue Hub to figure out my new scene was the first one and had to select "Built-In Scene 00" to get it to work.  I suppose I could have used an ISY network command as well.  I didn't realize you could add effects to scenes with the app.

On 2/12/2022 at 8:00 AM, lilyoyo1 said:

All of that is part of the new hue API which is not complete yet. Most likely the dev (or someone) else will develop a new nodeserver under polyglot V3 which could potentially support those features vs the current polyglot V2

On 2/14/2022 at 5:44 AM, KFreeman said:

I got it working in a buggy sort of way.  I created a fireplace scene for a group, then could set the group to the scene with the HUE Node, but I had to query the Hue Hub to figure out my new scene was the first one and had to select "Built-In Scene 00" to get it to work.  I suppose I could have used an ISY network command as well.  I didn't realize you could add effects to scenes with the app.

I think I got this to work last night with my NRs.  I just saved scene with the effect running and called the scene.... It could have been a fluke or just never stopped running,but it might be something to look at.  

I might play with it a little tonight when I get back home. If I can get it to work I'll report back. 

16 minutes ago, roberthleeii said:

I think I got this to work last night with my NRs.  I just saved scene with the effect running and called the scene.... It could have been a fluke or just never stopped running,but it might be something to look at.  

I might play with it a little tonight when I get back home. If I can get it to work I'll report back. 

What happens when you turn the scene off and back on

I've now included candle and fireplace in several scenes and they work just like a color in a scene, including nice fade transitions and brightness control.  I haven't tried it yet, but it would be nice if the old SDK allowed for candle and fireplace to be selected per bulb under effect, like colorloop.  That would be a simple update to the Hue Node if that was the case.

Archived