Always Shuffling

DaveStLou

I don't turn off shuffle too often but today I tried and noticed that it didn't work. No matter what I select, shuffle stays on.

In the log it seems to show that the value on cmd=random is set to true when I select shuffle off or on:

2022-03-20 17:23:43,626 Command    udi_interface      DEBUG    player:process_cmd: ISY sent: {'address': 'volumio_18', 'cmd': 'SHUFFLE', 'value': '0', 'uom': '25', 'query': {}}
2022-03-20 17:23:43,627 Command    udi_interface      DEBUG    player:send_command: sending: http://10.42.8.18/api/v1/commands?cmd=random&value=true
2022-03-20 17:23:43,728 Command    udi_interface      DEBUG    player:send_command: send_command retuned: {"time":1647815023679,"response":"random Success"}
2022-03-20 17:24:02,979 MQTT       udi_interface.interface DEBUG    interface:_message: QUEUING incoming message command
2022-03-20 17:24:02,981 Command    udi_interface.interface DEBUG    interface:_parseInput: DEQUEING command
2022-03-20 17:24:02,982 Command    udi_interface      DEBUG    player:process_cmd: ISY sent: {'address': 'volumio_18', 'cmd': 'SHUFFLE', 'value': '1', 'uom': '25', 'query': {}}
2022-03-20 17:24:02,982 Command    udi_interface      DEBUG    player:send_command: sending: http://10.42.8.18/api/v1/commands?cmd=random&value=true
2022-03-20 17:24:03,170 Command    udi_interface      DEBUG    player:send_command: send_command retuned: {"time":1647815043068,"response":"random Success"}

When I entered http://10.42.8.18/api/v1/commands?cmd=random&value=false in a browser, shuffle turned off.

The Node server is on version 2.0.2

Polyglot is on version 3.0.48

ISY version is 5.3.4

I confirmed both are fixed through the Volumio UI.

I discovered the status of both Shuffle and Repeat in ISY does not show the current status. Shuffle always shows "Off" and Repeat always show "On".

The other thing I noticed that when stopped State doesn't show "Stopped" but shows "Paused" instead.

Thanks for addressing the shuffle issue so quickly!

Yeah, I'm seeing all kinds of weird behavior too.  

When I send the "STOP" command, my volumio is responding that it is stopped, then with the next update it responds that it is paused.  Which matches what I see on the AC. It briefly displays stopped before switching to paused.   I've also managed to get into a state where it is playing, and won't stop/pause.  If I send the commands directly from the browser, it responds that the command was successful, but it just keeps playing.  I have to send a 'play' and the stop/pause will work.

When you say the ISY doesn't show he current status of repeat/shuffle, is that in both the upper status display on the AC or on the lower command section or both?   I'm not able to reproduce that, both sections seem to reflect the correct status for me.

6 hours ago, bpwwer said:

YWhen I send the "STOP" command, my volumio is responding that it is stopped, then with the next update it responds that it is paused.  Which matches what I see on the AC. It briefly displays stopped before switching to paused.   I've also managed to get into a state where it is playing, and won't stop/pause.  If I send the commands directly from the browser, it responds that the command was successful, but it just keeps playing.  I have to send a 'play' and the stop/pause will work.

I have experienced these same things.

6 hours ago, bpwwer said:

When you say the ISY doesn't show he current status of repeat/shuffle, is that in both the upper status display on the AC or on the lower command section or both?   I'm not able to reproduce that, both sections seem to reflect the correct status for me.

I'm talking about the upper status display. I seldom look at the lower section since I've found it not reliable indication of status on many node servers.

Here's an example side-by-side AC and the Volumio UI, paused, repeat and shuffle on:

image.png.8887b0f60e069b622fc6c3c0167d7478.pngimage.png.751e82379d5687c95e634b0dd606e2e2.png

I just played with my Volumio a bit and found that the Volumio Phone app has a bug. It incorrectly reflects the status of "Shuffle" in real time.

Untitled.thumb.png.6583411a583aaece82224c75a82d749e.png

Pressing the Volumio shuffle icon actually toggles shuffle in AC and I assume in Volumio as well because as soon as there is a refresh of the screen either due to a new song starting or the user changing to a different app/screen and then back, the icon correctly shows the "Shuffle" status on on the phone app.

I was not able to reproduce the Stop / Pause issue reported. My AC correctly shows the status of Play / Pause / Stop with one caveat. When pressing the next song icon on the phone app, AC first reports "Pause" then immediately reports "Play."

Volumio Primo 3.233

Volumio Mobile App 1.1

ISY994i 5.3.4

PG2
2022-03-21_18-05-36.png.ff698ffe075be51de75b8e6184c88818.png

Volumio NS 1.0.2

I may not have solved this but at least I've got it down to only the "Stopped" not sticking in the AC issue.

I was running two instances of the PG3 Volumio Node server - one attached to my ISY94i and the other to IoP for testing. I uninstalled all instances and reinstalled only one (2.03) attached to my production ISY94i. I'm now on the same page as what you're seeing @bpwwer. All sections are reporting the correct status.

@kzboray I cannot reproduce the error you're seeing in the Volumio Android app.

Archived