Can the ISY...(perhaps a feature request)

tome

Can the ISY tell me if communications to each device is excellent, good, bad?

I understand I can watch the Event Viewer when I do something and see if the command sequence is right, but that requires me to know what the sequence is (I know basically but not details yet), and to be able to see a missed command. Is there another way?

Seems like the ISY knows if it had to repeat a command or got no response, etc. and could present this information in a clear format. It would be nice if the ISY kept for each device either an overall grade (E, G, B) or better, a percentage of successful commands (100%, 80%, etc).

Tome

Something like this would be nice. Then if you can look at a chart that shows each device's average communication performance over a period of time. Green, Yellow, Red.

You would then know where (geographically) and/or what device(s) are "weak".

I seem to have virtually 100% stability while running scenes and programs. I get intermittent communication faults only when the ISY is writeing to devices. while adding buttons to scenes or restoring a device. I assume this is because of the extended time for these tasks.

There is a scene test. If it passes this test, I understand one can conclude communication being good. I assume, also, this is regarding communication between the scene devices and the ISY. I assume it does not verify device-to-device communication. Still, it is a useful tool.

Archived