Pentair Pool Node Server

andrewherman

Just converted my ISY to IOP and it appears to be working well.

Wanted to add my Pentair pool controller to the system.  I added the jsnode/pool, which I assume should communicate with the Pentair system.  However, no info is transferred.

Must be something or some interface I need.

If any are familiar, please advise or send me in the right direction.  FYI, I am using the Pentair Screenlogic brick, plugged into my network.

Thanks,

Andrew

On 4/25/2022 at 6:40 PM, andrewherman said:

Just converted my ISY to IOP and it appears to be working well.

Wanted to add my Pentair pool controller to the system.  I added the jsnode/pool, which I assume should communicate with the Pentair system.  However, no info is transferred.

Must be something or some interface I need.

If any are familiar, please advise or send me in the right direction.  FYI, I am using the Pentair Screenlogic brick, plugged into my network.

There's a long thread that i just spent 15 minutes trying to find via google site search but I'm not turning it up.

I've tried a number of things over the years. The best used to be an Autellis hardware interface that wires in parallel to the screenlogic brick.  That company appears to be dark, and the product is unavailable.

The new best IMO is the Home Assistant Integration that connects directly to Screenlogic via IP address.  I then configured a few variables and programs to pass a few values back to the ISY.  I added a Salt cell level adjustment that takes input from the UV sensor of the weather station (that's an ISY Node server piping its values to HA via integer variables).  I haven't perfected this automation yet because I did it over the winter and the water is not warm enough yet for the salt cell to function.  The point tho is to increase chlorine production on sunny days and decrease it on cloudy/overcast or rainy days.

2 minutes ago, andrewherman said:

How can I set up home assistant

no hub, just a Pi, a 3 will do a 4 is better.  Can also be done via a VM or container on something else, easiest to maintain tho if you pick one of the options with HA o/s and Supervisor.  https://www.home-assistant.io/ click "Getting Started" at the top to look thru the various options.  It's an open source project with no subscription fees unless you want to pay for their cloud interface. 

Once it's up and running add the Universal-devices integration and the Pentair integration.  If you want to drive the lights from the ISY there's a number of ways to set the control up. 

Archived