Replacement for SmartenIt relays, sprinkler controls

cosyn

I noticed last year that Insteon and SmartenIt products that had integrated Insteon control were going away and thankfully bought a few spares. Looking at all my hardware, I'm getting what I can from eBay because I have over 300+ devices that I've integrated into my house since 2006 until a reliable replacement comes to market. 

I can't find SmartenIt's relays like IoT4r anywhere--I use them to control critical applications like greenhouse window openers and water pump valve controllers. I picked up some of the cap replacement kits that @Schlyguy offers for sale in case my IoT4r's go down and the caps are the cause. But if there's an on-market replacement, it'd be great just in case the IoT4r's are unfixable.

Can anyone recommend alternatives? 

Thanks for the tip. I’ve got a few Z-wave devices and have had some problems with a reliable signal in spots of my property, even with repeaters. At the price this is being offered, testing it out wouldn’t hurt. Much appreciated!

You may want to peek inside one of them and see if the capacitors are the same?

Smartenit used the newer Dual Band 2413 mother board in some of them and the kit should be the same caps. The early ones and latest ones went back to the older single band power line only 2412 mother board. The later ones because they also had power supply issues like our PLM has. The caps in a 2412 board are different sizes completely.

The 2412 main boards only have three capacitors. 1000uF/25V, 470uF/50V and 100uF/16V. Are power line only. Large fairly heavy power transformer. May have the always on outlet on the front cover.

The 2413 main boards use the ones in their kits. Since Smartenit makes their own daughter board. Any cap for the serial port daughter board probably would not be used. There where two serial port boards but the cap differences between them should not effect their daughter boards.

Archived