Gmail/smtp issues

Jimmy

Hi,

Like others, our gmail ISY notifications for our 3 door sensors and a motion sensor stopped a while back. Reading this thread, I was able to get thru using the 16 digit password for gmail. If I press the test button in the ISY admin app, I get the notification email in gmail. But none of the sensors or motion detectors are sending out notifications.  Is there another step to this I am missing? Nothing was changed in ISY.

Thanks

Jim C.

1 hour ago, Jimmy said:

Hi,

Like others, our gmail ISY notifications for our 3 door sensors and a motion sensor stopped a while back. Reading this thread, I was able to get thru using the 16 digit password for gmail. If I press the test button in the ISY admin app, I get the notification email in gmail. But none of the sensors or motion detectors are sending out notifications.  Is there another step to this I am missing? Nothing was changed in ISY.

Thanks

Jim C.

Not kn owing anything about how your programs are set up, all i can give you is a basic generic troubleshooting step.  Find the program that sends the notification, right click the program name a choose "Run Then" (or perhaps "Run Else") and see of the notifications fire manually.

then we can try to figure out what to try next.

Thank you for the replies.  I'm embarrassed to admit I literally have not looked at the programming if/then code to trigger the notifications in years. That's how reliable the system has been. When I initially set them up, I mistakenly had two recipients to receive the notifications. And in my recent attempt to get it going after the Gmail change, I re-entered the STPM info and chose the wrong recipient.  The programs were calling out the 2nd, non-functioning recipient. So all I had to do what correct the recipient and that solved the problem.  Thanks so much for the help. It got me to look in the right place.

Archived