Can I cherry pick what I move to PG3?

johnnyt

Can I cherry pick what I move to PG3?

Example 1: I use ISY Inventory and there's no PG3 version. If I do a restore of my PG2 backup into PG3, it will have the settings for the non existent ISY Inventory NS - will they just be ignored?

Example 2: I use PG2 OpenWeatherMap and my plan it to stop using it and move to PG3 WeatherFlow to support my (soon to arrive) Tempest Weather Station. Can I just delete the OpenWeatherMap node from PG3 once it's been restored from the backup and simply keep using my PG2 OpenWeatherMap NS until I'm ready to move to WeatherFlow NS?

27 minutes ago, johnnyt said:

Can I cherry pick what I move to PG3? Yes

Example 1: I use ISY Inventory and there's no PG3 version. If I do a restore of my PG2 backup into PG3, it will have the settings for the non existent ISY Inventory NS - will they just be ignored? There is a PG3 ISY Inventory node server.

Example 2: I use PG2 OpenWeatherMap and my plan it to stop using it and move to PG3 WeatherFlow to support my (soon to arrive) Tempest Weather Station. Can I just delete the OpenWeatherMap node from PG3 once it's been restored from the backup and simply keep using my PG2 OpenWeatherMap NS until I'm ready to move to WeatherFlow NS? Yes. But, why not use OpenWeatherMap PG3 since PG2 is deprecated and the PG3 will receive updates that PG2 probably won't?

I'm not seeing a PG3 ISY inventory in either the production or non-production store, so please let me know what I'm doing wrong. 

Here are the items just before and just after the "I" items in the alphabetical listing that I see for each PG3 store:

image.thumb.png.2493e19e1990e3fbbc01dd25832f32d8.png

image.png

The PG3 version of OpenWeatherMap is not free. It's not a lot of money but given I may only use it for a couple weeks while I set up my Tempest and WeatherFlow NS  (also not free) why pay for both if I don't have to. I'll use the money to buy the ISY inventory NS if you tell where I can get it.

So to go back to my 1st question, which wasn't answered: if I don't find (or want) a NS on the PG3 store, will the restore just ignore it?

If it's not in the PG3 store with the same name (and it's now ST-Inventory instead of ISY-Inventory) or if you don't have a license for the PG3 version, it will skip trying to restore that slot from the PG2 backup.

Archived