"Apply changes to all devices"?

yardman 49

I think that I may be misunderstanding something:

I created a group with two KPL buttons (from different KPLs) and an In-LineLinc dimmer. The group (scene) was named "Kitchen Island Group".

I clicked on the Group (Scene) name, checked the "Apply changes to all devices" box, then changed the levels to 55%. The level of the InLineLinc changed, and then I thought that the levels for the InlineLinc as set at the KPL buttons had changed, but they had not. When I toggled each KPL button, the InLineLinc still came on at 100%.

So I clicked on each of the two KPL buttons in the group individually, and then clicked "Copy Scene Attributes from Kitchen Island group". I had to do this for each KPL button in the scene, but after doing this, the correct level of 55% was set at each KPL button so that when I toggled the buttons, I got the 55% at the InLineLinc.

Am I misunderstanding how "Apply changes to all devices" works?? Or is this a bug??

Thanks

This is by design. When you create a scene in the ISY it assumes the role of a controller for that scene. When you add any devices to that scene as controllers they become new separate controllers. For each controller in the scene theirs a copy of levels and ramp rates.

So when I setup a new scene I first set the levels and ramp rates in the ISY scene. Then I go to each controller and use the copy to each controller. This way all controllers have all the same levels.

Kitchen Scene <-- contoller

_____ KPL1 Button (A) Kitchen Scene <-- contoller

_____ KPL2 Button (A) Kitchen Scene <-- contoller

_____ Sink Lights <-- responder

_____ Island Lights <-- responder

_____ Pantry Lights <-- responder

I think that I may be misunderstanding something:

I created a group with two KPL buttons (from different KPLs) and an In-LineLinc dimmer. The group (scene) was named "Kitchen Island Group".

I clicked on the Group (Scene) name, checked the "Apply changes to all devices" box, then changed the levels to 55%. The level of the InLineLinc changed, and then I thought that the levels for the InlineLinc as set at the KPL buttons had changed, but they had not. When I toggled each KPL button, the InLineLinc still came on at 100%.

So I clicked on each of the two KPL buttons in the group individually, and then clicked "Copy Scene Attributes from Kitchen Island group". I had to do this for each KPL button in the scene, but after doing this, the correct level of 55% was set at each KPL button so that when I toggled the buttons, I got the 55% at the InLineLinc.

Am I misunderstanding how "Apply changes to all devices" works?? Or is this a bug??

Thanks

"Apply changes to all devices" sets all the devices in that scene, with that controller, to the same levels and rates.

A different controller will use unique levels and rates.

"Copy Scene Attributes from Kitchen Island group" is indeed the way to correlate several switches to a common setting.

Rand

Archived