RemoteLinc - All on/All Off/Bright/Dim

blu53e

I have a remote link. As near as I can tell, the all on and all off affect the devices that are linked to the remote. I don't think there is any programming. Whatever six devices you have linked to the remote will go on and off at the press of the "all" buttons.

The dim and bright affect the most recently controlled device. Turn on device 1, the dim/bright controls device 1 until you turn on/off another device.

I hope this helps.

Thanks. I just recently installed my new ISY and was moving my network from another product I had. I followed the instructions to link my RemoteLinc to the ISY and created 6 quick programs but as stated, can't get 'all on/all off/bright/dim' to work or figure it out.

After reading your posts, the solution appears to link the RemoteLinc directly to the device vs. using ISY. This is how I had it originally with the other product as they didn't support RemoteLinc.

Although I understand using ISY to control my devices via RemoteLinc is adding a middle man, it would offer a bit of flexiblity to what I want to do as well as saving my configuration, etc vs having to run to a bunch of devices and reprogram my RemoteLinc in the future - should it die, loose its memory, etc.

After reading your posts, the solution appears to link the RemoteLinc directly to the device vs. using ISY.

That is my understanding. Of course, the remote link has to be in linking mode for this to work. Then, to link other devices, use the ISY to create a scene, add to the scene the remote link button you want (as controller), than add any other controllers and responders.

Archived