Lost local control on a 3-way dimmer switch

tomthebomb

Hello all,

I have a problem that started after I installed my new isy-99i. I have 2 dimmer switches in my basement controlling a 3 way circuit for lights. One of the switches works perfectly i.e. I have both local control and remote control for the lights in the basement. The other switch however "appears" to work with local control..that is the light pipe lights up on touch going full on or full off however the lights will not respond to that local control.

These both worked flawlessly prior to making the isy part of the insteon network. So now I can control the lights via a KPL or go to the far end switch and have local control. I would rather have the switch work at the bottom of the stairs though...that is the one that does not work anymore.

Please let me know if I have explained this enough. I would be happy to provide more details if needed.

Thanks in advance for your replies.

Tom

• 3 weeks later...

Hello Rand,

I went through the programming menu and removed each of the dimmer link switches that control the lights in the basement. I then re-added them ensuring that each was put in as a controller and not a responder. I am still having the issue with the one switch not being able to control the load. As before, it "behaves" as if it is controlling i.e. light pipe goes on and off as well as drops when dimming but nothing is actually happening to the lights.

I am just stuck at this point. I may try to switch out the dimmer link to see if indeed something is wrong with it.

Thanks again,

Tom

Hello Tom,

If you watch in the Event Viewer do you see the commands being sent from the controlling switch?

If so then the switch with the load may be the problem. Is it a version 35 SwitchLinc?

You could try to right-click the responder SL and select Restore Device. If this completes without errors and it still does not respond to the controller then we will have to deduce a failure in the hardware.

Rand

Archived