Virtual Switch with Alexa

vbPhil

When in the ISY Portal to configure a new switch with Alexa I'm not seeing any of my Virtual switches set up with the Virtual Node server. Will a virtual Switch not work with Alexa or am I missing something?

There is a way to "fix" this in the Administration Console:

1. Right click on the node created by the Virtual NS and select Delete.
  2. Go to the menu Node Server->Virtual->Add Node and add the node back in.

You should now be able to use ISY Portal->Connectivity->Amazon Echo to add this node to Alexa.

NOTE: Step #2 can be tricky because you have to know the node's address and primary node address. To find this information, open PG3 and go to Dashboard->Virtual->Details->Nodes.

There might be an easier way to do this, but not one I am aware of.

21 minutes ago, randyth said:

There is a way to "fix" this in the Administration Console:

1. Right click on the node created by the Virtual NS and select Delete.
  2. Go to the menu Node Server->Virtual->Add Node and add the node back in.

You should now be able to use ISY Portal->Connectivity->Amazon Echo to add this node to Alexa.

NOTE: Step #2 can be tricky because you have to know the node's address and primary node address. To find this information, open PG3 and go to Dashboard->Virtual->Details->Nodes.

There might be an easier way to do this, but not one I am aware of.

Thanks, that worked. It took a few times to figure out how to enter the addressing information. Here's what worked for a virtual switch. Actually, the information needed is found in AC not PG3. PG3 doesn't include the n006_ prefix for the addresses but it is required when doing the AC Add node.

image.jpeg.003e5474aeea287a37db04df4df70593.jpeg

1 minute ago, vbphil said:

Actually, the information needed is found in AC not PG3. PG3 doesn't include the n006_ prefix for the addresses but it is required when doing the AC Add node.

Ah, good to know. It has been so long since I did this I couldn't remember the exact details.

Glad you figured it out!