Smoke Bridge Programming

CPrince

I went through this a while back and thought I had it resolved.  Not.  I have a Smoke Bridge, Insteon Hub (more or less decommissioned but still on line, most everything has been removed from it) and the ISY994i.  So the other day the wife is cooking and sets off the smoke detector.  This in turn is picked up by the Insteon Hub and ISY. Insteon Hub sends me a smoke detected message.  It did not dawn on me at the moment but ISY did not send a message.  ISY also picked up a CO2 alert too.  I think this is false, but still.  ISY should have sent me a CO2 message too. I reviewed the log and saw this...

image.thumb.png.11da4fb915af1e8a95ba87e3d29079a3.png

ISY says they are false conditions, but yet it picked up the alerts.  The time is correct.  So I must be missing something as the condition was not true.

Smoke Detector Smoke Detected - [ID 0065][Parent 0001]

If
        'Bedroom / Smoke Bridge-Smoke' Status is On

Then
        Send Notification to 'Chris email' content 'Smoke Detector Smoke Detected'
        Wait  2 seconds
        Set 'Bedroom / Bedroom Ceiling-Light' On
        Wait  2 seconds
        Set 'Bedroom / Bedroom Nightstand' On
        Wait  2 seconds
        Set 'Living Room / Living Room Right' On
        Wait  2 seconds
        Set 'Kitchen Area / Kitchen Light' On
        Wait  5 minutes 
        Set 'Bedroom / Smoke Bridge-Smoke' Query

Else
   - No Actions - (To add one, press 'Action')

I guess I could put my "Then"s on the "Else" side; but that would be sloppy.

Note:  The Query as the last line seems to unlatch the Smoke Bridge from the ISY.  It seems that the Smoke Bridge does not send an all clear or ISY is not looking for one; not sure witch.  ISY will remain in a tripped state while the Smoke Bridge is back to normal. The Query forces ISY to update itself.

On 8/12/2022 at 11:32 AM, CPrince said:

'Bedroom / Smoke Bridge-Smoke' Status is On

If "control" is available so that this can say "Bedroom / Smoke Bridge-Smoke' is switched On" will probably solve it.  

Test that and tell me if it works, I'd try it but I don't have a smoke bridge.

Also when you test, have the event viewer open on level 3.

Edited by MrBill

I have a Smoke Bridge and successfully use the Status is On method.

Smoke Alarm - [ID 0058][Parent 004A]

If
        'Alarms and Locks / Smoke Bridge-Smoke' Status is On

Then
        Send Notification to 'myself' content 'Alarm Alert'

Else

As you can see, I do not force a query because the alarm appears to clear itself after awhile (likely when the smoke alarm stops).

@CPrince, have you verified that your Send Notification action is working by right clicking on the program in the AC and choosing Run Then?

• Like 2
29 minutes ago, randyth said:

I have a Smoke Bridge and successfully use the Status is On method.

Smoke Alarm - [ID 0058][Parent 004A]

If
        'Alarms and Locks / Smoke Bridge-Smoke' Status is On

Then
        Send Notification to 'myself' content 'Alarm Alert'

Else

As you can see, I do not force a query because the alarm appears to clear itself after awhile (likely when the smoke alarm stops).

@CPrince, have you verified that your Send Notification action is working by right clicking on the program in the AC and choosing Run Then?

The reason I made the suggestion to switch to control instead of status is because there is a wait in the program.  if the program triggers via "control" it will for sure complete the THEN block, if it trips by "status" it can end prematurely if the status changes back before the THEN block is complete due to a wait.

• 1 month later...

Sorry it has taken me 2 months to get back on this.  We all work from home and testing alarms is a real sore point.  Not to mention the dogs and cats. I am the only person to get out of the house alone, well besides the dog.  Okay, I have not changed anything.  Today I took out my can of smoke and sprayed around the detector and everything worked as planned.  I received emails and the lights came on.  I also recorded a True in the log instead of a False.  I can tell it ended True by the half green icon.  30 minutes later looking at the smoke detector in the Main tab it showed the Smoke Bridge Smoke "on" long after the program  ended.    Hum.  I can't reset that; unless I close and reopen the admin console.  Which leads to validate @randyth saying he doesn't use the query to clear it. 

@MrBilland @randyth are both using "status on", so am I, so I am not going to mess with "switched on".  I have tried this 4 times. with closing and not closing the admin console to clear the Smoke on condition.  Every test was successful.  

@TechmanThe smoke bridge is connected to both the Hub and ISY.  Yes, I know.  90% of my stuff is off the Hub.It took me 4 or 5 hours to connect the the Smoke Bridge to First Alerts.  I was hoping to take the last items off the Hub and remove the links from the hub when they turned the Hub back on.  That was wishful thinking.  You might hold the only explanation as to why my program originally did run when smoke was detected, but returned a false value instead of true.