Restarting To Update Needs Option To Not

I do not like to update until I know things are stable.  Can we get an option to not automatically update when we restart?  There were issues with a node server this weekend and I did not want to update to it yet but when I had to restart PG3 itself for something else it automatically installed the bad node server update.

Edited by btreinders
  • Like 1
20 hours ago, btreinders said:

I do not like to update until I know things are stable.  Can we get an option to not automatically update when we restart?  There were issues with a node server this weekend and I did not want to update to it yet but when I had to restart PG3 itself for something else it automatically installed the bad node server update.

I agree.  I posted something almost identical this post in the early days of PG3.

I don't disagree with this but there are both pros and cons to each approach.

The automatic update "feature" was already part of the PG3 design when I took over development.  There has been some discussion with node server developers about this and what may be a better design. However,  there are some concerns about how to handle and the priority hasn't been very high compared to all the other issues with PG3.

In general, the automatic update of node servers has not been a problem.  Certainly there are cases where a bad release happens, but that is typically resolved very quickly. @btreinderssince you don't specify the node server that broke, I don't know what happened.  

• Like 1