Odd behavior of 4-way

mike31360

It’s my understanding that a single push of the SwitchLinc (top portion of button) will activate the light to the level and ramp rate assigned in the Load Controlling SwitchLinc. A second push of the button (top portion of button) turns the light on to 100%. I have a 4-way scene setup with 3 SwichLinc, all linked through the ISY. Everything works fine, except the second tap of on switch. If activated from the Load SwitchLinc, the lights go from the predefined level to the full on level. If activated from the non-load switchlinc, taping the top of the switch the first time turns the light on to the set level, however, taping the top of the switch again only activates the LED indicator to full on, the light remain at the set level. Also, tapping the top portion of the button twice does indeed turn the light on to full brighness. All of my 4-ways scenes respond this way.

I’ve just recently switched from the House Link II to the ISY and I’m pretty sure this worked correctly with the House Link II.

Thank you,

Mike

Hello Mike,

That is indeed a difference between local and remote control. While a second On will set the local level to 100% it only sends an On command to any linked devices. A double-tap will send a Fast On and holding the paddle will send Bright or Dim commands.

You could use a program in the ISY to override the normal behavior.

Rand

Archived