Moved/renamed devices not getting renamed

johnnyt

I recently reset/moved/renamed a couple of my devices but NS is still using old name. I do see in the logs (after restart) that the NS noticed the new name but didn't change it in "Nodes" nor ISY to match. In fact it makes that point right in the log entry. 

2022-11-11 10:09:36,383 Thread-11  udi_interface      WARNING  Controller:add_node: Existing node name 'Furnace Room' for s_2930206779 does not match requested name 'HRV Out', NOT changing to match
2022-11-11 10:09:36,384 Thread-11  udi_interface.interface INFO     interface:addNode: Adding node Furnace Room(s_2930206779) [None]

Can this be fixed to change the node name when the airthings device name is changed? I did find I could manually change the ISY node names and it seems to work in ISY but NS "Nodes" page still uses the old names. Over time this could make troubleshooting more difficult/prone to errors. As I assume it's just a label, i.e. not the underlying device or node ID that both NS and ISY uses, I'm thinking it shouldn't break ISY programs relying on one or more of the devices' sensors. Is that correct? I don't have any programs associated with the devices I moved so can't tell but figure you would know based on how things work under the covers. If you don't, I could do maybe test it.

Thanks for considering it.