Very dim power light ISY994 ZW+ Tried new power cord

Ristin

Over the past 6 weeks the ISY's power light has been getting dimmer and dimmer. A quick Google search indicated the power supply was the likely culprit. I tried a different power supply of correct voltage, amperage and polarity. Same results. Power LED is still extremely dim.

So far my ISY is functioning properly and the other LED's are the normal overbearing brightness.

Normally I wouldn't be too concerned, but UD seems to be out of stock on everything if my unit completely fails.

If you have a multimeter, you can check the output of the power supply you have. I believe tip is positive and the ring is negative.

I believe the power supply from UDI is 12 volts, 1 amp. If you find a similar power supply with a plug that has the correct polarity that fits in your controller's power plug it should work.

If it is functioning OK except the normally very bright Power LED. The LED maybe failing or the current limiting resistor maybe failing. As it is directly driven by the ISY internal power supply.  If it starts also having dimmer indicator LED brightness or it starts to malfunction. I would suspect more than a Power LED circuit issue.

Power supply range is 5VDC to 30VDC. Most find a 12VDC works fine. Note the ISY store now sells 12VDC 2 Amp replacements.

Not too clear on the ISY994 being stocked again. As the eisy unit is in the near future and there is Z-Wave available also.

I do remember a few other posts here. Where the users ISY99i was working fine but the power LED was Off. Didn't see any information on it effecting anything or a fix.

Edited by Brian H
Add data