ISY 994i Pro Program Periodically Stops Working Until It's Re-Saved

BWallen

My ISY is running firmware 5.3.4 and I have a program that triggers several potential actions through other programs when my iPhone leaves or enters my defined geofence using Locative on the iPhone. The program runs fine most of the time and responds appropriately when I leave or arrive at home. Frequently however the program stops responding and to fix it I have to re-save the program. It then works fine again until the next time it stops and must be re-saved.

Anyone else experienced a problem with programs stopping and needing to be re-saved when no change has been made to anything on the ISY. Anyone know what could cause this to happen and what can be done to resolve the problem. This is the only program that this happens to and the only thing the program does is update a couple of State Variables when the iPhone leaves or returns through the geofence and the Occupancy changes.

v5.3.4 generally implies you're speaking of an ISY994 and not a Polisy running IoP, but since there was a 5.3.4 at one point on Polisy it's ambiguous which hardware you're running on....

I essentially do the same thing, only updating 1 state variable, and never have the problem. 

Perhaps you should post your programs.  (Right click the program name, Copy to Clipboard, and then paste into a post.)

The only other issue I can imagine is that your programs becoming corrupt which would hint at a bad SD card, but I think you would be having much greater issues than just this...

The ISY is a 994i Pro as listed in the title of the post and following is the program that periodically needs to be re-saved.

Status iPhone - [ID 0021][Parent 0001]

If
        'Home / iPhone' Occupied is False

Then
        $sSuspendDeparture  = 0
        $siPhoneStatus  = 1

Else
        $sSuspendDeparture  = 1
        $sSetArrival  = 1

Status

0 = No Motion
1 = Left
2 = Arrived

I did miss the 994 in the title when i as i thought through the possibilities and wondered if it was an IoP issue...

Does the Program Summary tab give you any clue?  Like a yellow warning message for the program.   If the admin console was open when the program quit responding you may need to close the admin console and re-open it to see a non-normal status on the summary page.

54 minutes ago, BWallen said:

My ISY is running firmware 5.3.4 and I have a program that triggers several potential actions through other programs when my iPhone leaves or enters my defined geofence using Locative on the iPhone. The program runs fine most of the time and responds appropriately when I leave or arrive at home. Frequently however the program stops responding and to fix it I have to re-save the program. It then works fine again until the next time it stops and must be re-saved.

Anyone else experienced a problem with programs stopping and needing to be re-saved when no change has been made to anything on the ISY. Anyone know what could cause this to happen and what can be done to resolve the problem. This is the only program that this happens to and the only thing the program does is update a couple of State Variables when the iPhone leaves or returns through the geofence and the Occupancy changes.

The problem may be with your iPhone, not with ISY.  I experienced the same issue using MobiLinc Pro.  In your iPhone settings make sure your "Allow Location Access" is set to ALWAYS.  Not "While Using The App"

4 minutes ago, MrBill said:

Does the Program Summary tab give you any clue?  Like a yellow warning message for the program.   If the admin console was open when the program quit responding you may need to close the admin console and re-open it to see a non-normal status on the summary page.

No, the Program Summary tab gives no clue other than verifying that the program did not run the last time I left or entered the geofence. I never leave the admin console open except when I am using it so no it was/is not open when the program stops working.

5 minutes ago, ronvond said:

The problem may be with your iPhone, not with ISY.  I experienced the same issue using MobiLinc Pro.  In your iPhone settings make sure your "Allow Location Access" is set to ALWAYS.  Not "While Using The App"

Locative location access on the iPhone is set to "Always" and locative does trigger and send the information. The problem is definitely on the ISY and is verified by the behavior when re-saving the program. For programs that are running fine with no changes, if I choose "Save" I get a message that there is "Nothing to Save". On this program when it stops working and I choose "Save" I get the message "1 Program Deleted" and it re-saves the program. So it appears that something is changing within the program in the ISY memory buffer which makes it non-functional until it is manually re-saved.

22 minutes ago, BWallen said:

Locative location access on the iPhone is set to "Always" and locative does trigger and send the information. The problem is definitely on the ISY and is verified by the behavior when re-saving the program. For programs that are running fine with no changes, if I choose "Save" I get a message that there is "Nothing to Save". On this program when it stops working and I choose "Save" I get the message "1 Program Deleted" and it re-saves the program. So it appears that something is changing within the program in the ISY memory buffer which makes it non-functional until it is manually re-saved.

Have you tried completely deleting the program and recreating it?   or even create a second identical program and disable this copy.

• Like 1