Device Link Table question

intellihome

Can anybody help clarify the information I see when I look at a device link table. I have seen a few posts that explain it. Like the great, recent write up by MarkJames, but my device table does not resemble what was posted.

As in the example below, I recognize the address but nothing else.

OFF8?

A2?

00?

FF?

1F?

01?

6 button KPL

OFF8 : A2 00 12.9F.7D FF 1F 01

OFF0 : E2 01 12.9F.7D FF 1F 01

OFE8 : E2 03 12.9F.7D FF 1F 03

The count goes to 20, I only show three as an example.

Also, This KPL only has two togglelincs linked to buttons A and B and the on/ off buttons control the load. Plus these two buttons are included in a "bedroom OFF" scene. I don't see how the count is 20 links.

Once I can decipher the links table, I should be able to figure it out.

The wiki page which defines the fields is here:

http://www.universal-devices.com/mwiki/index.php?title=ISY-99i/ISY-26_INSTEON:Tools_Menu#Show_Links_Table_Database

For a KPL, each button is its own group, and will have links accordingly. Remember there are also two links for each group for the PLM (one responder, one controller) which are created when the device is added to ISY. Plus more PLM links for additional ISY scenes that device is a member of.

--Mark

Thank you Mark. (I will browse the Wiki a little bit more then I have).

so how I decipher the level and ramp rate. In the example shown on the wiki link you provided it shows either an "FF" or "00" for response (level) and a "1F" or "00" for a ramp. What are these values?

I only know an on level to be % (such as 50%) and ramp to be 1 second to 9 minutes.

Thanks for your time.

so how I decipher the level and ramp rate. In the example shown on the wiki link you provided it shows either an "FF" or "00" for response (level) and a "1F" or "00" for a ramp. What are these values

I don't know the specs for these values. But experimental observation in my own network yields these values:

On level

FF = 100% bright

A8 = 66%

8C = 55%

72 = 45%

Ramp rate

1F = .1 sec

1C = .5 sec

Based on this, I imagine that On Level takes values between 00-FF (0% - 100%) and Ramp Rate between 00-1F (9min - .1 sec).

Edit to add: Note that level/ramp values are only meaningful for responder links.

--Mark

Archived