Roll back ISY 994i from 5.3.4 to 4.9?

LarryWSmith
Go to solution Solved by dbuss,

I have a lighting system composed of 30+ Insteon modules controlled by an ISY 994i.  The lights are controlled using numerous 6 and  8 button transmitters that control numerous scenes; I have written programs to also allow triggering the scenes using the cheap X10 wireless palm pads.  This system has been very reliable for 15 or so years. Because of recent lack of availability of ISY, PLM and Insteon modules, I have acquired spares of all of these items in an attempt to extend the useful lifetime of the system beyond the point where I will have to worry about it.

The new (used) ISY that I received is running 5.3.4; my current 4.9 system does everything I want, how I want it.  At this point in life, I'm really not interested in the adventures in troubleshooting/programming that are an inherent danger in a major upgrade.   I would like to roll back the 5.3.4 software to the perfectly functional (for me) 4.9 version.   I have searched high and low and have interacted with Customer Support several times to no avail.  Any suggestions as to where I can get the 4.9 file and if there will be any problem with rolling back to 4.9 would be appreciated?

Thanks

• Solution
29 minutes ago, LarryWSmith said:

I have a lighting system composed of 30+ Insteon modules controlled by an ISY 994i.  The lights are controlled using numerous 6 and  8 button transmitters that control numerous scenes; I have written programs to also allow triggering the scenes using the cheap X10 wireless palm pads.  This system has been very reliable for 15 or so years. Because of recent lack of availability of ISY, PLM and Insteon modules, I have acquired spares of all of these items in an attempt to extend the useful lifetime of the system beyond the point where I will have to worry about it.

The new (used) ISY that I received is running 5.3.4; my current 4.9 system does everything I want, how I want it.  At this point in life, I'm really not interested in the adventures in troubleshooting/programming that are an inherent danger in a major upgrade.   I would like to roll back the 5.3.4 software to the perfectly functional (for me) 4.9 version.   I have searched high and low and have interacted with Customer Support several times to no avail.  Any suggestions as to where I can get the 4.9 file and if there will be any problem with rolling back to 4.9 would be appreciated?

Thanks

Does the ISY that has the 5.3.4 firmware have Z-Wave installed? If it does, it would have the series 500 board installed since it has the 5.3.4 firmware. The series 500 Z-Wave board will not work with 4.9 firmware. if it has the Z-wave board installed and you aren;t using Z-wave your could remove the board and then install the 4.9 firmware.

Here's where you can fine the 4.9 firmware.