MQTT Bridge???

TriLife

Greetings;

I just got this RPi based software by solar-assistant.io, which allows me to get a real -time reading of my Sol-Ark 15k inverter. It connects to the RS485 port and spews out continuous messages via MQTT.

It was set on port 1883, but we need to operate on 1884, so they told me how to modify mosquitto.conf to redirect this flow to 1884. So far so good. Except I seen NOTHING showing up anywhere. Neither on MQTT EXPLORER nor on tdmgr_0.2.11, nor any activity inside the PG3 logs...

https://solar-assistant.io/help/integration/mqtt

This website says that it is "good practice" to run an MQTT Bridge to communicate with the broker... Do we have something like that on Polisy or eISY? If so, how do I access it? " Universal Devices MQTT Bridge" doesn't return anything relevant.

Cheers

The first step is to get things working with MQTT Explorer as that will mean everything is configured properly.

You need to have a MQTT broker running somewhere.  Either on the RPi that is running the solar-assistant software of on the Polisy/eisy.

Running a MQTT broker on the Polisy/eisy can get confusing because each is already running a broker but the default running brokers are configured to only work with PG3(x).

On the Polisy, PG3 has a built-in MQTT broker, but you can't use it.  However, you can install the Mosquitto broker and run that along side the PG3 built-in broker.

On the eisy, Mosquitto is already installed and running for PG3x, but it is also configured so that only PG3x can use it.  I'm not sure if you can install another copy of Mosquitto for your own use or not.

What hardware are you using and what have you tried so far?

• Thanks 1
38 minutes ago, bpwwer said:

The first step is to get things working with MQTT Explorer as that will mean everything is configured properly.

You need to have a MQTT broker running somewhere.  Either on the RPi that is running the solar-assistant software of on the Polisy/eisy.

Running a MQTT broker on the Polisy/eisy can get confusing because each is already running a broker but the default running brokers are configured to only work with PG3(x).

On the Polisy, PG3 has a built-in MQTT broker, but you can't use it.  However, you can install the Mosquitto broker and run that along side the PG3 built-in broker.

On the eisy, Mosquitto is already installed and running for PG3x, but it is also configured so that only PG3x can use it.  I'm not sure if you can install another copy of Mosquitto for your own use or not.

What hardware are you using and what have you tried so far?

Thanks Bob;

I have my 100+ Sonoff/Tasmotas running on PG2 and had them running on PG3 as well. (They are on PG2 again, until the migration path of all of my Zwave sensors is clear). On Polisy. That was accomplished by starting Mosquitto on port 1884 and enabling run at boot time. It is very stable, has been for a couple of years.

MQTT EXPLORER shows all of my Sonoff/Tasmotas, but doesn't show the Solark15k...

Is there a way (maybe via SSH) to see, what the messages/topics the mosquitto broker has coming in on port 1884? when you initially start the broker it does show a stream, but stop and restart seems to blow the whole thing up...

Edited by TriLife
added missing information