ZSE42 Water Leak Sensor Not Reporting Water, ZMatter 5.5.2, 5.5.3

vbPhil

I'm on Polisy, IoX v5.5.2, Zmatter Z-Wave. Just added the ZooZ ZSE42 Water Leak Sensor that had been working previously when using the ZooZ Dongle. The Interview completed and the Node was displayed.

image.jpeg.cbb242bea108dc84cb8787ebbfdb5f9f.jpeg

But, I'm not getting a water detected indication in IoX although the ZSE42 does blink the LED whenever water is present. Also, when using the ZooZ dongle I was getting more nodes with one called Water Detected that indicated water present and was what I used in programs.

I tried excluding and including the device a few times and was getting some strange results. Whenever I exclude the device it starts to include again right away didn't always show a node but indicated the interview was complete. I used the Remove Failed Node and Replace Failed Node which helped get rid of device listings in X-Ray that weren't good. Anyway, I'm back to having it included with a completed interview and it doesn't behave correctly.

Anybody else have this with the ZMatter board and 5.5.2?

3 minutes ago, jdm5 said:

I think I'm having the same problem; was working before upgrading to the Matter board, I see all my zwave sensors but the programs looking for water sensor is not idle are not firing...watching here.

I think there are nodes missing. Here's what I was seeing before ZMatter.

image.jpeg.fa2c232022087ad7769e6fd68142e662.jpeg

In my programs then I was using the Water Detected 1 node as the trigger. This was the node that reported water present. You can see that even back then there were nodes that didn't apply to this Leak Sensor. Must have been some Generic template for that class of device. However, somehow UDI lost the recipe when they went to ZMatter or probably more specific version 5.5.2 of the software. I put in a Support Ticket today on it because I'm not sure that UDI is picking up issues as problems they need to fix from the forums.

On 1/9/2023 at 12:24 PM, vbphil said:

I'm on Polisy, IoX v5.5.2, Zmatter Z-Wave. Just added the ZooZ ZSE42 Water Leak Sensor that had been working previously when using the ZooZ Dongle. The Interview completed and the Node was displayed.

image.jpeg.cbb242bea108dc84cb8787ebbfdb5f9f.jpeg

But, I'm not getting a water detected indication in IoX although the ZSE42 does blink the LED whenever water is present. Also, when using the ZooZ dongle I was getting more nodes with one called Water Detected that indicated water present and was what I used in programs.

I tried excluding and including the device a few times and was getting some strange results. Whenever I exclude the device it starts to include again right away didn't always show a node but indicated the interview was complete. I used the Remove Failed Node and Replace Failed Node which helped get rid of device listings in X-Ray that weren't good. Anyway, I'm back to having it included with a completed interview and it doesn't behave correctly.

Anybody else have this with the ZMatter board and 5.5.2?

I just started to examine the results of a migrate to ZMatter on 5.5.3 and I was seeing the ZSE42 nodes are fewer than existed on Polisy 5.4.5. 

Edited by ISY4Me
10 hours ago, ISY4Me said:

I just started to examine the results of a migrate to ZMatter on 5.5.3 and I was seeing the ZSE43 nodes are fewer than existed on Polisy 5.4.5. 

So that's the Tilt Sensor ZSE43. Better make sure you are getting a tilting output from one of the nodes. For my water sensor that wasn't the case, and it is not working. I'm in the middle of a Support Ticket trying to figure out why. It also worked fine with the ZooZ dongle and ISY 5.4.5.

5 minutes ago, vbphil said:

So that's the Tilt Sensor ZSE43. Better make sure you are getting a tilting output from one of the nodes. For my water sensor that wasn't the case, and it is not working. I'm in the middle of a Support Ticket trying to figure out why. It also worked fine with the ZooZ dongle and ISY 5.4.5.

My apologies… I typed wrong and corrected it… I was commenting on my ZSE42

1 minute ago, ISY4Me said:

My apologies… I typed wrong and corrected it… I was commenting on my ZSE42

So, is your ZSE42 working correctly or not? I assume it's like mine and no longer has the node that indicates a water detection.

The ZSE42 was one of three devices that was not behaving properly after the “move to ZMatter” operation on the EISY… and yes I also saw the missing nodes. 

in an attempt to see if I could impact the ZSE42 on the EISY I ended up excluding/including.   Even then none of the fields would populate and no missing nodes were added. 

At the end of the day I factory reset EISY/ZMatter and powered it down and put the Polisy 5.4.5 w/Zooz back online.  Since I excluded/included the ZSE42 on the EISY, there seemed to be an impact when the same ZSE42 was examined with the Polisy/Zooz running things.  Running with the Polisy/Zooz I did another exclude/include and the ZSE42 returned to normal functionality with all expected nodes and data populating.  

After the next update, I will try again. 

• Thanks 1

UDI had me upgrade from 5.5.2 to 5.5.3 and then do a "synchronize/update with interview" on the sensor. So doing created another node for the sensor, ZY 020 Leak Detected Alarm. The new node has a Status field showing in the AC that did toggle to ON when water was detected, however, it never goes to OFF.

UDI states that this is a known problem with other Motion Sensors and should be fixed in the next update.

image.jpeg.5c1f9e826aa4b4640d4d8cc06121379b.jpeg

• Like 1
8 hours ago, vbphil said:

UDI had me upgrade from 5.5.2 to 5.5.3 and then do a "synchronize/update with interview" on the sensor. So doing created another node for the sensor, ZY 020 Leak Detected Alarm. The new node has a Status field showing in the AC that did toggle to ON when water was detected, however, it never goes to OFF.

UDI states that this is a known problem with other Motion Sensors and should be fixed in the next update.

I have been using the sync replace with interview a lot to get my migration to work.

Thanks @vbphilfor passing on the motion fix coming.  I have a GE switch/sensor with that issue.

On 1/11/2023 at 12:02 PM, vbphil said:

I am getting these same nodes (I have about 7 of these sensors).  Having the same where the Leak Detected Alarm does not turn off.  I am using the main node which does come on/off for my programs right now.

Ok, I found & installed 5.5.4, sync update w/ interview and I get the other node Leak Detected Alarm and that appears to work in my program.  But only the new Leak Deteched Alarm node seems to work, Water Alarm under the "primary or 1st) node does not.  Hopefully UDI can get this all rolled up in one node like it was before. 

Edited by GJ Software Products
Just now, GJ Software Products said:

Ok, I found & installed 5.5.4 and I get the other node Leak Detected Alarm and that appears to work in my program.

Yes that was fixed in 5.5.4 but I still couldn’t get the configuration parameters to query or set in zse42. UDI tells me they just acquired a zse42 and would look into it. Also said they will be releasing many smaller incremental updates to fix issues as they ferret them out. Be sure to follow forum topics for the individual releases as users are reporting when stuff starts working. 

@vbphil.  Thanks.  Yea, I got follow turned on for this thread and hopefully it'll get cleaned up.  I knew this was beta, it is what it is.  I run a lot of Beta stuff for some pretty big & recognized firms.  Used to working out the bugs.  I see we come from the same field, I'm in Aerospace too, not necessarily embedded stuff but I manage/support/develop on a control system for a couple hundred buildings in an Aerospace R&D Facility.