Heartbeat missing from devices

wes

normally, when I link a new device to the ISY99, let's say an IO sensor. I receive 3 devices, example: door opened, door closed, and door heartbeat. However; as of recent, when adding a new device my heartbeat is no longer appearing. Why would this be the case? What could be causing a missing heartbeat?

@wes

Here's a sample of two programs I use to monitor heartbeat. The first program should be "enabled at startup". After you create it, manually run the IF clause to initially start the timer.  

If the heartbeat is detected, then the first program will restart the timer. If it's not detected, then the second program will run.

Program 1

-----------------

IF

Sensor heartbeat is not switched on

or

Sensor heartbeat is not switched off

THEN

wait 28 hours

run program sensor heartbeat Fail (then path)

ELSE

(blank)

Program 2

----------------------

IF

(blank)

THEN

send notification to your email

ELSE

(blank)

Edited by Techman

Make sure that your admin console is the same version as your ISY firmware.

Try doing a factory reset on the device then a restore device.

If that doesn't add the heartbeat node than I would uninstall it, factory reset it, and then re-install it

If then you're still unable to see the heartbeat node, then you might want to update your ISY firmware to the latest version which has numerous bug fixes and improvements.

To factory reset an IOLinc:

1. Unplug it for 10 seconds

2. While holding down the set button plug it in and continue to keep the set button pressed in for 5 seconds

3. The IOLinc LED will blink once, then the IOLinc will beep as the LED turns back on

Edited by Techman

Latest steps:

1. I Removed the device, Performed factory reset on device, re-linked the device. Status: Failed. Heartbeat still missing.
  2. I Upgraded ISY99 firmware, then again removed the device, performed factory reset on device, and re-linked the device. Status: Failed. Heartbeat still missing.

image.png.de39f64aeb1a380afb2b090917bfd776.png

Upgraded firmware details:
image.png.31abbc992448419b2d9732822d2973f3.png

Any other ideas? This doesn't appear to be local to any particular device. though I will say that motion sensors do show the heartbeat/low Battery like the other devices used too.

image.png.bba0d9d4b6dd91c7850c27688d8b2afd.png

Do you have another open/close sensor installed that shows a heartbeat node, or do you have one that isn't installed that you could test?

Either the sensor is defective, or depending on your device firmware version, maybe they eliminated the heartbeat node, which is unlikely

What's the 4-digit date code and hardware version of your device. it should be printed on a sticker inside.

7 hours ago, wes said:

will post 4-digit date code and hardware version of your device.  later'

You may also want to note the firmware version of the modules. Reported in the Administrative Console. As date code and hardware version. Doesn't always indicate a firmware version. As some modules like the 2413S PLM have the same firmware in more than one revision. I have see 9E in more than one and I maybe the same one still being used.

11 hours ago, wes said:

have 5 installed with no heartbeat

In that case I would send an email to support@insteon.com and ask them if they eliminated the heartbeat node. Be sure to give them the 4 digit date code and hardware version printed on the sticker in the device. My devices all have the heartbeat node showing in the device tree.

• Like 1

yes to no avail.

I did send email to insteon support and received response.... If you dont have a green light on hub, subscribe for support.

They have killed support on a bad business model.  Time to goto homeassistant and isy and change over one hundred devices.

Wes

just FYI.. its been a long time since any of my door sensors and even my motion sensors have shown a reported heartbeat in ISY...i didnt use it so no biggie for me, but i did notice it missing several versions ago on my 994pro. Nothing on the polisy either.

Dont get me wrong, you guys are great and the first to help...... Just received a rasberry pie and installed Home assist, They do have a Insteon intergration. I'll play tomorrow.   THe HA does intergrate with isy too.

WIsh me luck