Timed Night Light

sfhutchi

sfhutchi, in io_guy's program, simply remove the Wait line. The program will then be equivalent to what you now have, but in a single program.

The If will be re-evaluated due to the change in the light status. But, both remaining lines in the Then will execute before it is re-evaluated, because they are an autonomous unit. It is the Wait (or Repeat) command which causes re-evaluation prior to completion of a Then or Else clause.

I may give this a shot again. Depending on how 'slow' the fade to off is... it may be enough for the effect.

Everyone remember, however, that our wiki is actually a user-to-user resource, so anyone with a little time, who is so inclined, please do feel free to add examples to the wiki as you implement them, or as you come across them in the forums.

The structure outlined above seems like a very good starting point, and of course additional suggestions are always welcome.

This was my thought exactly. I have been out of the forum for over a year, so I am not sure who is UDI and who is just an active forum participant. I didn't intend to 'assign' this to UDI. I only mentioned Rand's name to help put some general structure on it because he had something about 'wiki' in his signature line.

Archived