Zooz ZSE 40 Motion Sensor

asbril
Go to solution Solved by gzahar,

6 minutes ago, gzahar said:

Included on Polisy/Zmatter. But doesn’t complete interview. Works ok as far as I can tell.

Thanks. Unfortunately I was unable to include and tried exclude/include.  I even tried factory reset (cover off and 10 paperclip clips) but the factory reset did not work. I have Ecolink sensor that does work.

2 hours ago, asbril said:

Thanks. Unfortunately I was unable to include and tried exclude/include.  I even tried factory reset (cover off and 10 paperclip clips) but the factory reset did not work. I have Ecolink sensor that does work.

I just excluded and re-included again to test.  Ended up in same situation,works but doesn't complete interview (and reports temp in C).

I did have a strange situation the first time I tried re-including.  Device showed that it need to write updates to device in admin console (but it appeared to be working as before).  It would fail every time I selected write changes and I could not exclude the device (even after factory resetting). I had to remove failed node and then included again with no problems.

Are you getting to the point where it asks for the security pin?  Or not even that far?

Edit:  I was surprised that the device kept reporting motion to my Polisy after I went through the factory reset.  Not sure I believe it is doing a reset, but I really don't know the specifics of how Zwave networks operate.

Edited by gzahar
14 minutes ago, asbril said:

Unfortunately no, I don't get any nodes. I tried exclude/include again and also put in a new battery. No luck.

During the include process (before it adds the nodes) it should pop up with a security prompt asking for the device specific key/pin (if you select S2 security).  Do you have 'use secure inclusion' checked in the Zwave menu?  I tried adding a lock w/o using security and it wouldn't add any (useful) nodes.  Anything in the event viewer?

2 minutes ago, gzahar said:

During the include process (before it adds the nodes) it should pop up with a security prompt asking for the device specific key/pin (if you select S2 security).  Do you have 'use secure inclusion' checked in the Zwave menu?  I tried adding a lock w/o using security and it wouldn't add any (useful) nodes.  Anything in the event viewer?

The Include window remains open without a message and nothing in the event viewer beyond showing that Iox is in inclusion mode. Maybe the sensor has just gone bad.