NVME: Do all sizes fit?

Snibley
Go to solution Solved by elvisimprsntr,

When I read the basic EISY specs, every time I encounter "NVME" I think "Insufficient Data".  Don't NVME cards come in several different lengths?  If so, it would be reassuring if the basic specs indicated if all current NVME lengths will work in the EISY.

In the meantime can anyone tell me what NVME lengths will work in the EISY?

Thank you!

46 minutes ago, Snibley said:

When I read the basic EISY specs, every time I encounter "NVME" I think "Insufficient Data".  Don't NVME cards come in several different lengths?  If so, it would be reassuring if the basic specs indicated if all current NVME lengths will work in the EISY.

In the meantime can anyone tell me what NVME lengths will work in the EISY?

Thank you!

No not all NVMe are the same sizes. However, most boards will accept 2-3 different sizes.  They are all .087" wide however the riser screw port can be moved to 1-2 other locations to accept smaller boards. However I do not see the spec for eisy NVMe recommended size. They say 1TB expansion is possible so I'm going to guess 2260 because it's less than 2.5" long and. I actually need to see the board which I have not seen what it looks like yet, if it is length wise or dept wise along the pc board. It could be a 2280 which is more idea to fit the length wise being 3.15" long.

I'm strongly leaning toward the 2260 with single M Key... Even though the 2280 uses the same M Key it's more of something you would find in Desktop/Laptop PCI Interface but these eisy's come with 2 HDMI's so you never know they might be using the newer size 2280.

I'm afraid this might be an answer only UD can answer since there is a lack of images (none) of what the internal board layout looks like. I personally have no reason to install a NVMe.

TRI0N

Edited by TRI0N
8 minutes ago, elvisimprsntr said:

Actually, it’s the 2280.

I bought the Quieter3C, installed a SDD, and run Ubuntu on it.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0B25NTRGD?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details

305476ccf223b4041aed3a83ece43f2a.jpg

Did it come with the NVMe Peg/Riser Screw (to board, keeps NVME up off board below) and Mount Screw (to Peg/Riser, holds NVMe in place) in place or did you have to obtain them?

BTW: Great find on that image. I couldn't find a damn thing... LoL

TRI0N

Edited by TRI0N
4 minutes ago, elvisimprsntr said:

The MeLE unit had the riser and screw installed. The Crucial SSD also came with a screw.

Nice to know Crucial didn't fail. @Snibley pay attention to those brands listed. Looks like Kingston is one you want to stay away from.

Samsung
Western Digital
Crucial

Seem to be brands with best compatibility. 

TRI0N