New USB 2413U not installing modules

Don

33 minutes ago, Don said:

New USB 2413U replacing 2413S with adapter.  Eisy worked well with the S but although is says it linked to power line module it does not and they do not show in the list of modules.  Any suggestions?

did you FIle | Restore PLM after rebooting eisy?

1 hour ago, Techman said:

Try removing power from both the PLM and the EISY. 

Power up the PLM, wait about 10 seconds then power up the EISY.

Do you now see your modules?

I have been able to see the previously linked but they are ! (not recognized)

3 minutes ago, Don said:

I did not but tried to re-install.  Tried other spare modules but they do not appear even though they seem to install

The only time the hardware address of the connected PLM is read into the ISY is during ISY startup.  When you select File | Restore PLM the first thing that happens is Restore PLM compares the value of the currently connected hardware address is the value the PLM was before... this determines whether you are just trying to fix links in an existing PLM for which it only re-writes the PLMs link table.  On the other hand if you're selecting this option File | Restore PLM because the PLM has changed, it will have a new Hardware Address.... in this case all the links in the entire system need to be update with the new PLM address.  This means the PLMs link file is written AND all the link in devices all over the house need to be updated.  In larger systems this can take awhile, and a module or two may not work correctly when it's done and for those you would want to try "restore device" to ask that the links in that individual device be re-written.

Randomly plugging in other PLMs to see what works is confusing the situation.  We don't know what ISY currently thinks is connected, or if it's new changed hardware.

Thank You... I can see my modules and they function.  Actually the only modules remaining in my system are 2450s that I use a dry contact sensors.  Everything else is Z wave and working great.  When I can find Z wave dry contact sensors the 2450s will be gone as well.

Thanks again, Don