PG3X Login fails to authenticate

Just when I thought I was out of the woods ... back to the PG3X login failures again.  I have seen other people having similar issues with various fixes suggested such as :  upgrade to latest PG3x, restart the EISY and wait  ...and hope.  To be honest, this has been a problem from the very first bootup of a new EISY, fresh out of the box this week, fully updated to the latest everything (5.6.0 and 3.1.26), original admin/admin username/password (not changed).  I see there may be a new PG3X 3.1.27 available, but then I can't login to check. 

I am getting the red box at the bottom of the PG3 login screen:

HTTP failure response for https://eisy.local:3000/auth:401 Unauthorized. 

I found the Poly log using SSH ... in /var/polyglot/pg3/logs and it says :

5/24/2023, 14:35:53 [pg3] info: call_udx: Making reqeust to socket for /rest/pg3.auth.ns
5/24/2023, 14:35:53 [pg3] debug: call_udx: sending {"username":"admin","password":"admin"}
5/24/2023, 14:35:53 [pg3] info: call_udx: /rest/pg3.auth.ns on socket happened.
5/24/2023, 14:35:53 [pg3] error: call_udx: Request failed :: Error: connect ECONNREFUSED /tmp/udx2client261892
5/24/2023, 14:35:53 [pg3] info: UDXauth: {"success": false}
5/24/2023, 14:35:53 [pg3] error: UDX says we failed to authenticate admin: false
5/24/2023, 14:35:53 [pg3] info: call_udx: /rest/pg3.auth.ns on close happened.
5/24/2023, 14:35:53 [pg3] debug: call_udx: Wrote body data to socket

Tried rebooting.  Tried power cycling.  I did get in once from one computer and was able to play around installing some nodeservers, etc.  But then I had to logout and now cannot get back in again.  I cannot believe the solution is to keep power cycling the EISY - the last thing you want to do with an automation controller is keep cycling power.  There is obviously some issue here - it shouldn't be so fickle.  And did the usual geek things - multiple computers, multiple browsers, no change.

Any other ideas before I annoy the UDI team with another ticket - I think I reached my quota already!

@Sparks PG3x uses a service on the system called UDX to do the authentication.  That service is rejecting PG3x's request.    That is not something that should be happening.  So please to submit a ticket.

There can be issues when that service is updated as part of a upgrade where it won't work properly until the system is rebooted, but as you've already tried that, this seems unrelated.

OK so weird thing - I rebooted via the admin console - no luck, failed authorization every time.  Rebooted via the power cord (yes, a bad idea, but desperate times and all that) and PG3 allows me to login again.  Apparently I'm still on 3.1.26 despite trying the "update packages" via the IOX admin page but looking at the changelog then nothing seems to have addressed this particular issue.  I'll see how it goes, but certainly something strange afoot.  I'll also try the power button single push but as this should just call the same routine as doin it from the admin page, I'm not hoping for miracles.  So for now, I can login, but if I get locked out again I'll put in a ticket (because a hard power rest isn't really a solution) and see if there is anthing more I can help the developers to troubleshoot.