1st time Polyglot user - Eisy to Caseta?

RichTJ99
Go to solution Solved by bpwwer,

Hi,

I am trying to connect my Eisy to my Caseta smart hub pro.  I added it to the Eisy, i think i configured it correctly but nothing happens.  When I added the Kasa app to the Eisy it worked great.  

I connected the caseta hub to Home assistant and it asked me to press the link button on the lutron smart hub - the Eisy / Polyglot node didnt ask for any type of sync - just a password - i put the lutron password app login in.

Am I missing a step?  I didnt find any instructions.

Thanks,

Rich

@RichTJ99 My Caseta  node server asks for the IP address of the bridge and then prompts you to press the button on the bridge to link just like HA does.  It doesn't ask for a password.

It also has the following instructions included.

The Lutron Caseta node server has the following parameters:

* lutron_bridge_ip: This is the IP of your Smart Bridge Device. If you have a Pro Bridge you can set a statis IP by opening the app and going to Settings->Advanced->Integration->Network Settings

Once the ip address has been entered and saved, you will be prompted to press the button on the back of the Smart Bridge.  Pressing the button will pair the Lutron Caseta node server and SmartBridge.  Once paired, the Lutron Caseta node server will query the Smart Bridge for the connected devices and create ISY nodes to represent those devices.

The Discover button may be used to force the node server to re-query the Smart Bridge. Use this if you add additional devices to the Bridge using the Luton App.

I'm not sure what you are using the eisy to try and connect to the Caseta bridge.

Thanks for getting back to me.  

So my caseta is setup & working with the lutron app-  i have a few devices in the app.  i have a static IP reservation set.

I goto the polyglot website, purchase the caseta trial, install it in slot 8.  Reboot the EISY, click on node server, configure, slot 8.

Node server info:

Profile Name: Caseta

User ID:  Mac address?

Password:  blank but was set prior to reboot

Base url:  /ns/mac address_8

host name:  127.0.0.1

SSL/SNI checked

Port 3000

timeout: 0

Isy User: 0

Is there somewhere I need to pair the smart bridge to the node server on the EISY?  Not sure why I am lost.

• Solution

Ah, I understand.  Don't change anything there.  Polyglot based node servers configure everything on the IoX automatically.

From the Polyglot website, you should now have a dashboard view that includes the Caseta node nodeserver, click the details there and you'll see something like this:

image.png.4a1f05b328b257683e0e95b3e83e0e42.png

Click the Configuration button and you'll see a field where you can enter the IP address of Caseta Bridge.  Once you enter that and save it, you should get a notice prompting you to press the black button to pair. 

It should pair in a second or two.  Once it pairs it will query the bridge and add nodes to the IoX for each device it finds.

When it's done, you'll have to restart the Admin Console so it can read the new created nodes properly and display the correct fields and status.

• Like 1