Linking Light Switch and On/Off Module Problems

KHouse

I've got 4 light switches (that control 4 different lights) in my basement.  I have it linked so that the main light switch controls the other 4 (main switch ON turns all 4 on).  If I turn one of them off, then they all turn off.  If I long hold off on one of them, then just that one turns off (and the other 3 stay on).  This is how I want it.  UD Mobile updates instantly with the statuses.  Doesn't matter how or where I turn these lights on/off, the app always updates the status right away.

I'm trying to do the same with a new setup (light switch and an on/off module).  My problem is that UD Mobile doesn't update with the status of the on/off module if I turn the on/off module OFF before I turn the light switch OFF.  I have the light switch linked to the on/off module.  If I turn the light switch ON, then the light + the on/off module turn on.  If I turn the light switch OFF, then the light and on/off module turn off.  If I turn the light switch ON (both light and on/off are ON), and then turn the on/off module OFF via the app, the app will update.  Now if I then turn the light switch OFF, and turn in back ON, although the light and on/off module also turn ON as they're supposed to, the UD Mobile app is not updating to show that status of the on/off module (that it is now on).  It still thinks the on/off module is OFF since I turned it OFF with the app.  It's like it won't update the status until I turn it back ON in the app (even though toggling the light switch has already turned that on/off module back ON).

Hope that makes sense.

Appreciate any help.  Somehow I figured this out with the 4 lights in my basement before, but now cannot figure this out with a new light switch and on/off module setup I'm trying to do.