Disable Node Server (but keep installed in slot)

Go to solution Solved by bpwwer,

I have been working with some logic updates today (and offloading a couple things to a local computer that has a few more features than the corresponding Node Server).

I am now at the place where I want to disable the Node Server (which has been fine, and is embedded as a component in many programs and notifications), and see if the local computer --> Polisy REST updates is stable enough to fully commit to that method.
If not, I want to be able to quickly revert to the Node Server.
Sure, I have Stopped the Node Server, but I want to make sure that even if I reboot Polisy or PG3, that the Node Server does not automatically start. I cannot remember for certain, but I'm 98% sure that all Node Servers start upon Polisy / PG3 boot up, even if they were Stopped as last known state.
I don't want to fully Delete / remove the NS yet, in case I care, now or in the future, to return to using the NS, and want the programs and notifications to just be able to resume upon enabling.

Am I remembering incorrectly, and in fact Stopped NS do not start automatically upon Polisy / PG3 boot?
Or if that is correct, is there a method to disable a NS from starting?

Edited by residualimages
  • Solution

It should not start on boot/restart of PG3 if it was previously stopped by you.   Once you "stop" a node server, the only way to get it running again is if you specifically "start" it manually.

• Like 2