Need clarification on passwords for SSH access to eISY and assiging Users in Admin Console

TriLife
Go to solution Solved by MrBill,

Greetings;

I just set up my developer box eISY.

If I understand the manual correctly, there is only one place where UserID/PW is set these days and that is in File/Set UserID/Admin Password.

I did that. And kPG3x indeed accepted the user/pw assignment.

1. Question:

But trying to SSH into the eISY I still have to enter admin/admin. Sudo commands also ask for "admin" as a password. And looking in /etc/passwd only shows "admin" (among a gazillion other items), not the user I assigned for Admin user in the admin console.

Did I misunderstand something? If so, do I follow standard linux procedure to change the default password for SSH?

2. Question:

Is there a particular reason that the admin console only lists "Admin User", "User 1", "User 2", etc, instead of actually listing the assigned user names? How do you keep track which User # has been assigned already, and which is available?

3. Question:

How do you delete a user?

Thanks

Edited by TriLife
added missing information
  • Solution
26 minutes ago, TriLife said:

If so, do I follow standard linux procedure to change the default password for SSH?

yes.  log in via ssh and type 'passwd' (no ticks marks).

27 minutes ago, TriLife said:

2. Question:

Is there a particular reason that the admin console only lists "Admin User", "User 1", "User 2", etc, instead of actually listing the assigned user names? How do you keep track which User # has been assigned already, and which is available?

unless something has recently changed only the admin user position can be configured, User 1, 2, etc simply don't work.  They've been in the interface since early v5 and have always been non-functional.  

28 minutes ago, TriLife said:

3. Question:

How do you delete a user?

Assuming you're asking about admin console users, see above. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1