Insteon Keypad engraving now available

domotinc-customs

On 7/22/2023 at 4:43 PM, domotinc-customs said:

hello everyone!

it has probably been 10 years since I posted here

for the insteon fan boys out here, we now offer insteon keypad engraving.

not only we can engrave the words you want but we also allow you to go full custom where we send you a picture with squares and you do your own design.

https://domotinc-customs.com/pages/insteon-1

kp8-crop2 - Copy.jpg

IMG_0171.jpg

What colors do you offer? (for the buttons, not text)

32 minutes ago, domotinc-customs said:

for now buttons are white only. 

Does the white match the white button that smarthome used to print?  also the font? 

I have several places around the house I need to replace a single button because it's function changed.  I would likely order an 8 button configuration but I wouldn't be using the buttons in that configuration, when they arrived i would use them piecemeal.

unfortunately they will not match. throughout all the years smartlabs offered engraving they use different font and different engraving strength. so we can't match the unmatched :-)

We use the same white button (we bought them from insteon) and use the same font and same size. where it may vary from smartlabs is the engraving strength. some old smartlabs were black, some dark gray. we are more dark gray

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Rob said:

any plan on offering the new i3 4 button keypad that just came out the other day?

yes. already tested. engraves great. (here I was just testing with a facing only (no device to properly align) tested a few engraving strength.

once the i3 keypad will be available, ill buy one and some facing too and offer it as well 

IMG_0103-small.jpg

1 hour ago, Andy P said:

Interesting that the sample photo has 'BASEMENT' lights (barely fitting) but the order form has a max of 7 letters. I guess I am going to have to use BASEMNT or is there a way to get 8?

max 7 is a recommendation.

sometimes we can fit more when there are many letters that takes little real-estate, like  the letter "i"

keep in mind, if you maxed out the length of the button, it wont look good with the backlit at night. first and last letter of "BASEMENT" wont be backlit. so it will look like: "ASEMEN".

that picture was a sample sent to insteon a little while ago.

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...
On 7/25/2023 at 3:28 PM, domotinc-customs said:

for now buttons are white only. 

Kudos on being named the official partner of Insteon. Any thoughts about when/if you’ll support multiple colors? I have a fair number of light almond keypads I need custom etching on, and would love to use your service.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
On 9/28/2023 at 9:01 PM, JBalog said:

Now that the i3 keypads are available I tried to order the etching at your website, but I cannot find a link for the i3 keypad

we are ready to start engraving on i3 keypads. I bought 2 and it looks great.

because we are in Canada, I would like to document the shipping process with USPS. including custom declaration (probably just a description and value) and shipping cost.

if you are willing to document the process (take a few pictures), ill give you a i3 engraving for free (you need to pay shipping from you to us for you faceplate)

• Like 2