Question regarding Zone Node

William Olsen
Go to solution Solved by William Olsen,

Jim, I read through your entire repository on GitHub and couldn't find any answer to my original question so my question up above remains 🧐

Another issue Jim, I'm still getting this message: ERROR: 09/01/2023 01:39:10 See log for: ELK Controller: Unknown message CD: 18000000000

I can't find an error in either the PG or Elk log that corresponds to that time (12 hr format assumed)

21 minutes ago, William Olsen said:

Jim, I read through your entire repository on GitHub and couldn't find any answer to my original question so my question up above remains 🧐

Which question above?

2 hours ago, William Olsen said:

Jimbo, Could you describe how these options are used? Thank you kindly.

image.png.837aa0ae8b0f279cae7474b20cc54e9d.png

This is answered here: https://github.com/UniversalDevicesInc-PG3/udi-poly-ELK/blob/master/README.md#zone-node

2 hours ago, William Olsen said:

Jim, I just found a set of very well written of instructions at

Would anybody able to put this as a sticky at the beginning of the Elk forum? Thanks

This is available in the top post when you open this subforum.

22 minutes ago, William Olsen said:

Another issue Jim, I'm still getting this message: ERROR: 09/01/2023 01:39:10 See log for: ELK Controller: Unknown message CD: 18000000000

I can't find an error in either the PG or Elk log that corresponds to that time (12 hr format assumed)

A CD is a command from the ELK to control Audio Equipment, you must be doing something on the ELK to trigger that?

Wow good call Jim, I've been offloading programs from my M1 and writing the equivalent to my Eisy. Both the Elk and IoX share the same IP to serial converter. Are you able to enlighten me as what's causing this to happen, an unexpected response from the CAM or something else. The M1 shuts off my TV and Russound audio when I turn off the basement (my office) lights. Clearly the instructions about Zone Nodes were clearly explained in MD#Zone Node, I must have not used the Git search option properly or the Find utility in Firefox. I think I explained why my "sitting" time is really limited, I get a couple of hours if the weather's good, less if I do something physical I shouldn't. Even though I can walk again after spinal surgery Narcotics just mask the pain, It really sucks. Thank you for your prompt reply with information I can rely on (they used to say "take to the bank" 🙂

• Like 1

Wow good call Jim, I've been offloading programs from my M1 and writing the equivalent to my Eisy. Both the Elk and IoX share the same IP to serial converter. Are you able to enlighten me as what's causing this to happen, an unexpected response from the CAM or something else. The M1 shuts off my TV and Russound audio when I turn off the basement (my office) lights.

That would cause it, if the Elk is sending out audio commands then the node server has no idea what to do with them so it spits out the error. I could just silence the error.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

This will stop when I disable the audio section on the M1XEP, low priority for me as long as we know why it was generated and as I said earlier "good catch" It might be an issue if someone else is either using the M1XEP or another 3rd party program like eKeypad. I really appreciate your timely response to issues, it clearly reflects your dedication and competence. image.png.6b2abf7b8655591055b089a87f0ade91.png

• Like 1