Mini Remote Not Linking

You are in the USA? (I saw New York City in your post). Using the Insteon 915MHz frequency.

Described in the online manual covering all the areas of the world. The 2342-522 Is a AUS/NZ  8 scene model and uses 921MHz.

That is the reason you can't link it to your Polisy.

Category 00 and Subcategory 18  shown in one of your photos. Is a 2342-522. Just a 921MHz model.

Edited by Brian H
Change information

One more thought.

If you want to do a basic test and have a module you can easily test with. See if you can do a manual set button linking between the remote and a test module. If they are on different frequencies. There is a good chance they will not manually link successfully.

Little more data.

The first digit after the - is the assigned frequency for the part of the world. A -2 is USA 915MHz,  -4  is the European 869MHz and -5 AUS/NZ 921MHz.

The second two designate the exact model. 22 eight scene, 32 four scene separate on and off button and 42 single on off paddle [ Switch ].

How you got an overseas model would have to be answered by the vendor. Probably the new Insteon company.

The US model is a 2342-222.

Edited by Brian H
Add information
  • Like 2

Hi Brian, 

Thanks so much for all the help!

This remote was purchased aftermarket when Insteon had their transition and nothing was available for purchase and you are correct I am in NYC.  I haven't tried manually linking it to anything but might give that a go.  Sounds like it will not work anyway because it is on a different frequency for another country.

Thanks,

Matt