Human Presence Detector Trial #1

EWhite

for @TriLifeor @Goose66..

I have a seeed studio HP detector :

https://www.seeedstudio.com/mmWave-Human-Detection-Sensor-Kit-p-5773.html

i then flashed it with Tasmota via :

https://templates.blakadder.com/seeedstudio_mmwave_sensor_kit.html

I can deliver many different MQTT screenshot and device setup screens if you would be willing to set up a NS or add to existing NS.

I did a little writeup here on it:

I used to see a LOT of requests for human presence  sensors...would think they would still be in demand since seems none of the zigbee or zwave stuff meshes up right now.

Thanks for your time!

• Like 1

@EWhite It appears to be based on the Sonoff Basic module. While I’m still learning all the ins and outs of Tasmota, unfortunately, this doesn’t tell me much. Without one here to test with, I would need complete documentation of the MQTT topics and payloads that it generates and/or consumes, including the discovery messaging, preferably with discovery set to Tasmota protocol as opposed to Home Assistant protocol.

Edited by Goose66

@Goose66 If you load it with Tasmota as i did..then it is set to Tasmota protocol. I think the original firmware that it comes with does home assistant, but i didnt even look at it.. i unboxed and immediately threw any warranty out the door and flashed it with tasmota.

again.. i can send you screen captures of all the MQTT explorer stuff and make it do whatever so we can see what changes it makes.

@gviliunasit works REALLY well...i like it alot so far.. just need it to talk to ISY now :)

plus its upgradeable, and configurable on the hardware side...can add alot of goodies to it.

mine is box stock right now...baby steps first to try and get a nodeserver going.

sent 3 different screens...there might be more.. their might also be some settings that can be changes.. still looking into that.

I'm kinda pioneering this thing right now,  not much documentation on it yet other than what i have done so far. 

found this:

image.png.543d34e6097172fc38960282a6663208.png

also found this: 

00:51:20.694 MQT: stat/HP_Sensor/CONFIG = {"HPSensor":{"Scene Mode":"Living Room"}}
00:51:20.795 MQT: stat/HP_Sensor/CONFIG = {"HPSensor":{"Sensitivity":"4m"}}
00:51:20.900 MQT: stat/HP_Sensor/CONFIG = {"HPSensor":{"Unoccupied Delay":"30s"}}
00:51:20.918 QPC: Reset

from log console of device...

image.thumb.png.414b8a4edef165343441cc0a2d0d7ebe.png

8.5 Time for entering no person state The function of ime for entering no person state setting is to adjust the duration from MR24HPC1 15 / 29 "someone present" to "no one present" by selecting different absence trigger time settings. There are 9 levels for the absence trigger time setting, with the default level being 30 seconds. The actual time interval from "someone present" to "no one present" is always greater than or equal to the current unmanned time setting.

but it doesnt give what the times are other than the default.

image.png

Edited by EWhite

Hi @EWhite,

Funny, I was just googling this topic this morning, looking for a mmWave human presence sensor. Thanks for doing the footwork. I can't find the Seed Kit on Amazon yet, only the guts.

I'd be glad to work on it, but I need a unit. DM me directly if you would like to pursue that.

Cheers

Edited by TriLife
added missing information