unhandled and other errors

I have 3 Airthings hubs so three instances of the NS are active. I regularly though intermittently get messages from UD Mobile that Airthings fails and reconnects. I had some time today so I looked into it and, although there was nothing interesting in the logs when the disconnect/reconnect happened, I found that there were three unhandled errors in the logs I downloaded - two for one of the instances and one for another instance. The log entries are dated Jan 4th and Jan 5th, which seems weird as I thought logs reset at midnight everyday and today is Jan 7th - why would entries from Jan 4/5 show up in today's log download?

The third instance doesn't show any unhandled errors but was full of these:

2024-01-07 00:05:11,717 Thread-2696 udi_interface      WARNING  Sensor:query: Unknown param virusRisk=7.0

It's strange to me that the above would be occurring for one but not the others. All instances are monitoring Wave Plus devices so technically it seems to me if it's reported for one, it should be reported for all. That said, I don't think Wave Plus devices provide a "risk" value. I believe that's a feature of the Wave Mini, not the Wave Plus, so it shouldn't be looking for this parameter at all.

Attached are:

1. the unhandled errors (downloaded today combined into one file) for NS instances in slot 1 and and slot 9
  2. today's log for the instance in slot 8 showing all the instances so far today of the above message
  3. a screenshot showing example of the UD notifications I get periodically. It can happen a few days in a row then not at all for several days

The good news is that my ISY nodes are still being updated so the errors appear to be relatively benign and/or self healing.

AT-unhandled errors.txt AT-unknown param.txt

IMG_6036-2.PNG

Edited by johnnyt
  • 2 weeks later...

Here's more data. Had a UD mobile "Failed" notice at about 9:05 AM today so I grabbed log info starting a bit before and ending a bit after. See attached.

Also had UD report "Failed" for this instance of Airthings at the following times over the past few days:

01/17/24 10:01 PM

01/17/24 08:57 PM

01/17/24 12:09 PM

01/17/24 05:53 AM

01/17/24 03:37 AM

01/16/24 08:25 PM

01/16/24 03:45 PM

01/16/24 08:25 AM

01/15/24 11:13 PM

01/15/24 07:05 PM

01/15/24 05:45 PM

01/15/24 09:37 AM

• 4 months later...

The unhandled errors are all related to PG3, not the plugin itself.  Are you still seeing those?

The unhandled param is VirusRisk and I've asked Airthings support to explain these numbers and what the min/max can be but no response so I can't add it until I get this info.  It does not cause any problem, simple a notice that the API is sending info that it doesn't expect.