Linking Mini Remote 8 Scene

DwayneA

Hi all.

Got a couple brand new Insteon Wireless Mine Remote 8 Scene pushbutton doodads (2342-222).

When I go into UD Admin Console and select Linc Management to add the pushbuttons there appears to be several 2342-222 options to select from (00.12, 00.16, 00.18, 00.1A)

Which do I select?  Does it matter?

Also, what is the procedure for linking this wireless device?  Press/hold Button A, press SET, something else...?

Thanks all.
Dwayne A

Edited by DwayneA
Added second question.

Are you using the Link a Remotelinc2 choice in the Link Management list? That should give you three choices. 8 Scene, 2 Scene and Switch. In your case 8 scene.

From the product information we got in the Developers Group. 0 1A 8 Scene US frequency. 0 1B 4 Scene US frequency. 0 1C On Off switch US frequency. The other numbers you are seeing. Are for the older 2443A2xxx remotes and not what you indicated you have. Remember if  you have the PRO add on. Make sure you have automatic updates to RF devices enabled.

https://cache.insteon.com/documentation/2342-x22-en.pdf

Edited by Brian H
Clear up information

Thx @Brian H.

I am not able to add the controller and get the attached error.

5 hours ago, Brian H said:

Remember if  you have the PRO add on. Make sure you have automatic updates to RF devices enabled.

What is the PRO add on?

How do I make sure automatic upcates to RF devices is enabled?

How do I set the Remotelinc to linking mode to link to the 994, or is that necessary?

Capture.JPG

POST EDIT Successfully linked by pressing and holding button #1 for 10s before starting the ISY link.

Edited by DwayneA
Added POST EDIT

Yes like all RF only devices. You have to wake it up first. If you picked with the link management remotelinc2 method. I believe it gives you the method as you try and add it.

I believe using the SET button to start it in the linking mode. Full Manual should have given you that.

If you had the PRO option. On the top of the administrative console. Would be two added choices. For Automatic updates for RF devices and for Automatic updates for all devises. It also allowed a larger number of devices you could use with the ISY994i. If it didn't come with PRO. You would have to purchase it to add it.